“Very good location,clean hotel and nice room!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Murray Hill East Suites

You added Murray Hill East Suites to your Saves list
Murray Hill East Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   149 East 39th Street, New York City, NY 10016-0913 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #246 of 464 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Very good location,clean hotel and nice room!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed at this apartment hotel on our first trip to New York.Our room was so spacious,it was basically something like a very spacious one bedroom apartment.The location was just perfect!Very close to 5th avenue,Times Square,Empire state building...The room was very clean and the housekeepers kept it clean everyday.I will definitely come back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this apartment hotel after New years. This hotel is very cozy and spacious for New York. It doesnt provide any amenities, but you are in NYC. We had a cozy queen size bed, our suite had a small kitchen, and a good size lounge area. The decor is a bit out dated, but the room was clean. It is a great value for friends or families even. You are 3 blocks away from Grand Central and the 5th Avenue. Time square is also close by. Subway is 5 minute walk, and there are restaurants and venues close by. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

trust me i was a NYC tour guide

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was booked into here for 5 nights recently while working in midtown. Location is excellent, 3 blocks from Grand Central. Lots of restaurants close by. Check-in and check-out was fast and hassle free. My suite was on 4th floor and was large and spacious. Everything worked as expected. Plenty of clean towels.

Furniture was cheapish and slightly tired looking. No air conditioning however - only heating/cooling vents in the kitchen and bathroom. I always felt cold in bed because , while there were plenty of pillows, there was only one thin blanket provided.

Wifi was free in the lobby - otherwise it was $8.99/day or $59.99/month in the suite. No weekly rate.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We had one night at the hotel. Despite some of the furnishings looking a little tired, the room was very clean. The location was excellent and having a kitchenette was great. Great room for the price.

• Stayed April 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I am going to be honest, I was led to this hotel via a last minute Hotwire reservation and was very nervous. As you can see there are mixed reviews all over the internet for this hotel. I am sort of a hotel snob and am very afraid of taking home little critters from hotels. I was skeptical of Murray Hill East, but boy was I wrong!! I really liked this hotel. It was clean, bug free and super convenient.

When I arrived, the man at the front desk informed me that my room had been upgraded. I don't know why but I appreciated it! My room was on the third floor and was beautifully quaint. Dark carpets and furniture, but clean white sheets and blankets. I always check hotel beds for bugs before using it and there were no signs of life...what a relief! Seriously, I was ecstatic at the cleanliness of the room. It reminded me of staying in my grandmothers old apartment in NYC. I stayed by myself, but there was enough room for multiple people. I did not use the kitchen for anything but it also appeared clean although a little old.

My room did not look like many of the photos. I added some as it looked way more up to date than many of the pictures others added. Perhaps this is the difference between an upgrade and a regular renovation. I am thinking that they have updated some but not all of the rooms and I got lucky with the upgrade.

Overall, I am very happy with my stay and very thankful to Murray Hill East Suites for making a last minute trip to NYC stress free for me. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

Things to be mindful of:
-It is NYC...it will be loud. I feel asleep with the (HD) Television on to try to drown out the sound.
-The provide shampoo, lotion and soap but no conditioner!
-The hair dryer is very outdated. It had about the same power as a public bathroom hair dryer. I had wet hair for the whole day.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade or a renovated room. I had also read that the front desk staff can be grumpy. I d...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Excellent location, we had a one bedroom was very spacious. Nice kitchen and living area. It is great if you don't like to eat out every meal...

I wish we could have stayed there this last trip.... Got very pricey.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

As our son now lives in New York we are regular visitors.We have found these well located serviced apartments with a fully functioning kitchen loctaed right in mid town.They are a bit tired but are well priced and have everything we need.We have just styed there for a week and have already booked for our next trip in December.Makes our stays in N ew York special.Only improvement would be to have free WiFi in the rooms not just in the lobby

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family