“Great stay, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Murray Hill East Suites

You added Murray Hill East Suites to your Saves list
Murray Hill East Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   149 East 39th Street, New York City, NY 10016-0913 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #230 of 458 Hotels in New York City
“Great stay, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had one night at the hotel. Despite some of the furnishings looking a little tired, the room was very clean. The location was excellent and having a kitchenette was great. Great room for the price.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I am going to be honest, I was led to this hotel via a last minute Hotwire reservation and was very nervous. As you can see there are mixed reviews all over the internet for this hotel. I am sort of a hotel snob and am very afraid of taking home little critters from hotels. I was skeptical of Murray Hill East, but boy was I wrong!! I really liked this hotel. It was clean, bug free and super convenient.

When I arrived, the man at the front desk informed me that my room had been upgraded. I don't know why but I appreciated it! My room was on the third floor and was beautifully quaint. Dark carpets and furniture, but clean white sheets and blankets. I always check hotel beds for bugs before using it and there were no signs of life...what a relief! Seriously, I was ecstatic at the cleanliness of the room. It reminded me of staying in my grandmothers old apartment in NYC. I stayed by myself, but there was enough room for multiple people. I did not use the kitchen for anything but it also appeared clean although a little old.

My room did not look like many of the photos. I added some as it looked way more up to date than many of the pictures others added. Perhaps this is the difference between an upgrade and a regular renovation. I am thinking that they have updated some but not all of the rooms and I got lucky with the upgrade.

Overall, I am very happy with my stay and very thankful to Murray Hill East Suites for making a last minute trip to NYC stress free for me. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

Things to be mindful of:
-It is NYC...it will be loud. I feel asleep with the (HD) Television on to try to drown out the sound.
-The provide shampoo, lotion and soap but no conditioner!
-The hair dryer is very outdated. It had about the same power as a public bathroom hair dryer. I had wet hair for the whole day.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade or a renovated room. I had also read that the front desk staff can be grumpy. I d...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Excellent location, we had a one bedroom was very spacious. Nice kitchen and living area. It is great if you don't like to eat out every meal...

I wish we could have stayed there this last trip.... Got very pricey.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

As our son now lives in New York we are regular visitors.We have found these well located serviced apartments with a fully functioning kitchen loctaed right in mid town.They are a bit tired but are well priced and have everything we need.We have just styed there for a week and have already booked for our next trip in December.Makes our stays in N ew York special.Only improvement would be to have free WiFi in the rooms not just in the lobby

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed 16 - 23 March. Very convenient location. Staff friendly & helpful. Room was spacious & comfortable. Bathroom modern - plenty of hot water. Maid service brilliant. Kitchen area is a real asset ! Would definitely recommend !

Room Tip: Be aware in road facing rooms - you may be disturbed by road noise ...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

very cheep and bad hotel, but a good location. i was staying there for 10 days. suffering wishout wifi in the room, only in the small lobby on the ground floor.
rooms are dark and uncomfortable.
with old smell of long time smoking

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Wilmington, Delaware, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed here last week due to T A advice.
I have been looking for a lodging nearby to deal with my father's acute illness on the UES.
I was pleasantly surprised with this place and would return if need be.

Everything was clean. The bed was very comfortable.
The street last week was reasonably quiet and I was on the 2nd floor, in the front!!!!!

Definitely not for tourist groups,, thank goodness.

Full kitchens are not equipped for long stay, in my opinion. But , please note, full refrigerator had ice trays and made ice.
Minimal, I mean REALLY minimal cookware and utensils. Maybe more can be had if you ask. I did not.
No paper towels!!!!!!! No soap! This really bothered me.

Towels are very spare. I would be embarrassed to offer them in my house to my guests. Shampoo/etc not adequate for two.

But it was definitely more than OK, and the price was good.
The front desk was very pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Murray Hill East Suites? Share your experiences!