This is a converted apartment building, probably dating from the '50s. Our room was clearly once a studio apartment, so it has a kitchen and is decently roomy. The TV is all digital, which is almost unique for NYC. It has internet, although I didn't use it. It also has an exercise room, which is not great, but good enough. The room was adequately lighted, including a light on the small desk. Often more upscale hotels lack adequate lighting.
As always when I stay in NYC hotels, i checked quite carefully for insects. There were none that I could spot.
There were a fair number of plugs in the main room, but all of them were used for the lights and TV. If you want to charge the batteries on your phones and IPADs, you should bring a 3 for 1 plug with you.
There are only two elevators, and one is shut for renovation, leaving only one. That one is in need of maintenance, with many floor indicator lights not functioning. It is used by the housekeeping staff, and I was expecting long wait times, although we never did have to wait too long. The halls are narrow and somewhat dingy. The lobby is plain. The staff was minimally courteous..
It used old-fashion metal keys.
It's on 39th, near 3rd, meaning a 10 minute walk to Grand Central Station.
I'd go again, if he price is right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-Suite Hotel located in fashionable Murray Hill section. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Murray Hill East Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murray Hill East Hotel New York City
- Murray Hill East Suite Hotel
- Hotel Murray Hill East
- Murray Hill East New York
- Murray Hill East Suites New York