“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #301 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Washington, DC
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

Great hotel in a great location. Stayed here for the weekend - the service was excellent and this location was great for everyone in our group to walk to all the Broadway plays we had tickets for. I also found a great rate on Travelzoo.

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (583)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Uniontown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

We just got back from a 3 night stay at the Millinieum Broadway Hotel in NYC. We were there from May 6-9th. We got the room on Priceline so we got a great deal. From the previous reviews I had read I asked for a renovated room. We got there early so we couldn't check in yet. They held our bags at no charge. When we got back at 4:30 the room was ready however I had requested a king size bed and had gotten two twins. I asked them to see if they had a King size and they made a change for us. We had two rooms so they had to change them both but there was no problem. They were very accomodating. We were put on the 33rd floor in a corner room with a nice view. The room was not renovated yet but I was happy to forego that for the King bed. The room size was plenty big with a nice size closet and a very large bathroom. There was an in room safe, hair dryer and ironing board. The room needed to be updated but it was clean. We slept with a window open every night. You could hear some noise of the city but not enough to keep you awake. This hotel is convenient to everything in Times Square and the Theater District. We walked everywhere and there is a subway entrance 2 blocks away. On W 44th St between 7th and 8th there is a pizza place called John's. It was excellent. Also, several of the restaurants offer specials that are reasonable before theatre.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2006

I stay in this Hotel 8 nights during Easter Holidays. I received a room in the Premier Tower, which is the Executive Side of the Hotel, with a completely separate staff.
Room was on the 12th floor and was overlooking the 43rd Street.
Room was big enough with a very large bed, a comfortable sofa and a desk.
All amenities man find in Executive room were there, (Coffee/Tea tray, Ironing Items, complmentary bottle of Fiji Water every day, newspaper every weekday, plus a free access to the Executive Lounge which cater breakfast every morning, Coffee/tea pastry every afternoon and Cocktail + zakouskis each evening. All done in a complimentary basis !
Voice Mail, Fax, complimentary Internet Access, were also provided.

The main hotel lobby was often very crowdy and busy, so the fact to stay at the Premium allow to skip all queue and receive a real 4 stars service.
Is it really a great choice when you want to stay around Times Square.

On the other side, some points are below average for that kind of hotel but are not so important to spoil your stay.
1. Windows are not really sound proofed, so the "city noise" could sometimes disturb your nights, but this is I guess normal for a district which lives 24/24.
2. Porter and Doorman are extremly busy, so it will be hard to find them in order to receive any assistance. When I checked out, no one was there to help me with my luggage tray and I had to heil myself a taxi on the street.

Even if those are little details, this hotel is really attractive and should be taken in consideration for your next stay in New York City.

Queens, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed one night on the Saturday before Easter through a Priceline bid. We were lucky to get a room on one of the upper floors which afforded us a beautiful view, although somewhat obstructed, of Bryant Park. The location was perfect: close to everything, but not on 42nd Street or one of the avenues where pedestrian traffic is a nightmare. Would definitely stay there again.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

We stayed here over Easter weekend.
Got a room on the 32nd Floor overlooking Times Sq.
We could hear street noises in our room, but it didn't bother us.
Might bother others.
We did have to close all the drapes tightly b/c the bright lights did fill up our room!
There were a few things I noticed. The walls had some scuff marks here & there. There was something smeared on the bathroom door (what, I don't want to know) and it wasn't cleaned off all weekend. Little bit of mold & mildew in the shower.
There was something icky stuck here and there on the curtains & someone had pulled the drapery stick off and left it on the windowsill.
The desk chair was kind of beaten up also.
Not to mention, the maid took our washcloths and never replaced them.
So the room wasn't as spotless as I expected it to be for some of the prices listed.
But because we got a nice deal on Travelzoo ($179 per night) and the location was excellent, I would recommend this hotel.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, especially the doormen & bellhops.
I enjoyed my stay here.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

Just stayed at the Millenium last weekend. We had a very nice room on the 47th floor where we had views of Times Square, Gramacy Park, the Hudson River, etc. This room had been renovated and the furniture, rugs, etc. looked new. The service, room and location (just a few steps from Times Square) were all very good. Enjoyed it and would recommend it.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2006

Just returned from a four night stay at this hotel. The staff were great and my teenage daughter even enjoyed the experience. I have been to N.Y. on several occasions but this is the least amount-$179.00 per night , got it on Travel zoo (-)--- that I have ever paid. It wasn't as posh as the Marriott Marquis but the location was just as good, the bathroom and room were a fair size for ny rooms and as I mentioned earlier you can't beat the price. The room was clean and tidy. If you are looking for the "real looking" fake designer purses the best place to go is Battery park near the World Trade Centre site. The purses sold by the venders on Times Square are the really "fake" fake purses as my daughter named them. We also took the Grey Line Comprehensive Tour of N.Y. It lasted about 8 hours and we found it very informative. One tip--for lunch order the vegetarian meal as that is Mexican. We also went to see Rent which was wonderful! We also went to Canal Street in Chinatown but we really didn't see the charm of it. It was so crowded and again, as my daughter stated, they had the "fake" fake purses and wallets. The trip was great and we can't wait to go again.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Millennium Hotel Broadway? Share your experiences!