“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #301 of 458 Hotels in New York City
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed here for 3nights I was a bit worried at first reading some of the reviews but I needn't have been. The hotel is in a great location in the heart of Times Square, spotlessly clean, large comfortable bed with friendly helpful staff what more could you want on your visit to New York. I would definatly stay here again and hopefully be back soon.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had read A LOT of reviews before my stay last week. PLEASE DONT! People are crazy! There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. It is Beautiful, Friendly, Clean and the Location is Priceless! (crazy people: You cant expect every room in every hotel to be perfect all the time. Its a constant upkeep process) I ran into a couple of very small problems, called the front desk and it was taken care of promptly and courteously. I Cant Wait to go BACK and stay HERE! LOVED MB!

Room Tip: GREAT VIEW ON 48! Could see Chrysler Building, Empire State and Times Square!
Copenhagen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Usually we stay at Doubletree Suites, but got a really good offer on this hotel. Location is perfect, and eventhough it is in Times Square it is quiet in the hotel. We stayed in a King Suite on 50th floor. Upon arrival we requested a mini refrigerator, which was brought to the room immediately free of charge. Bed was so comfy and the room had everything you can wish for. Cleaning was fantastic. This hotel is a bit worn out, but the value for money is good. Only thing I would comment on is that the staff in the lobby and at the front desk seem unfriendly, not once were we greeted with a "good morning" or "good evening". Also, I question security as everyone can just walk straight off the street, they never ask for seeing your keycard, which I find strange for a hotel in NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevators.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed here a couple of times & never had a good experience . The personal for Check in is always very rude & rooms feel as if your are staying at a YMCA . The location is great & lobby & restaurant is in desperate need for a renovation . I could find the bell boy at both the time of Check in & Check out

Wont be staying here again if I have an option

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Myself and my partner stayed here for 4 nights in December 2014. It was both our first times in New York. The location of the hotel is great right on top of Times Square. We arrived at the hotel at around 11:30 am and when booking I had requested an early check in as we had been on the go since 2am. I went to the Reception and was told to leave my number and someone would call me when my room was ready. I received a call around 2pm. We had a room on the 17th floor so unfortunately the view was not the greatest. On first glance the room looked nice it had a queen size bed and was quite spacious. On closer inspection we noticed the room was quite dated. The wardrobe doors rocked when shut and this had ripped the wallpaper around the corners of the wardrobe. The curtains were hanging off their rails. There was a large square of wallpaper near the bed which was different from the rest of the wall so naturally did stand out and there were some strange stains on the wallpaper of round dark "splurges". Our heating in the room did not work and the plug in the bath was broken in that the mechanism would not push it up in order to drain the bath. The hotel handbook was dirty and had stains on some pages.
One night we tried to order room service and on ringing the number and trying to order a pizza we was told that we had an old menu and they did not offer pizzas anymore. We told them we would call back. This was at 10pm. We called back 15 minutes later and was greeted with a recorded message saying that the kitchen was on lunch and to try again later. This message continued until 11pm and then room service was closed.
On the third day we had the "do not disturb sign" on the door as did not want the room serviced and want to try and sleep in. This did not happen as despite the sign being on the door we received a call from House Keeping at 08:30 asking if we wanted our room cleaned even though we had the sign on the door. To me this was a bit defeat of the object as it disturbed us and resulted in us both being woken up.
Overall this hotel is great for location and from reading other reviews sounds like it is pot luck with your room!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

stayed in this hotel for my 21st birthday for 4 nights in December 2014. when we arrived at the hotel we found out we had been upgraded to a premier room probably due to my birthday at no extra cost. room was lovely had a sofa and tv area, a bathroom with shower and bath and all the toiletries you need, and a really comfy double bed. room also included hairdryer, coffee/tea maker, iron and ironing board, hangers and a mini bar (which i don't think you could open unless u asked reception).

being in a premier room also gave you free continental breakfast every morning, free room WiFi and free afternoon drinks between 5 and 7 pm.

hotel was in a amazing location, you literally walked out the door (front or back) and you are in times square. empire state building, Rockefeller center, central park, macys, grand central station as well as numerous subways are all within walking distance.

about an hours drive from Newark airport including traffic (shuttle bus which we booked with the holiday)
would definitly stay here again :)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed at this hotel for a few years in a row with my children. I love the location for a start. This hotel is on W44 just a few hundred feet from the toys r us and Times Square. The past 2 years, we are looking at the beautiful ball that drops right from the room. Parkingn, luggage service, staff and all aspects of the hotel are great. I look at various sites to find the best deals because this hotel average is $350 a night but if you don't have specific dates in mind, you can find room rates as low as $189. This year because a few of the websites I ised changed their price grids, I called the hotel directly. Initially there were no good room rates left but when they heard this was a family tradition 3 years in the making, they honored the low rate I saw weeks before and unfortunately did not lock into at the time. Although I go with my kids for the location, this is a hotel adults only would enjoy just as much with the theatres and all. With or without kids I would be at M&M world... Let's be honest.

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Millennium Hotel Broadway? Share your experiences!