“Don't think this hotel is getting a fair shake” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Parking & Breakfast
Ranked #304 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Roanoke, Virginia
“Don't think this hotel is getting a fair shake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We came to New York a little leery of staying here because of some of the recent tripadvisor reviews but we had an excellent experience. As everyone says, the location is tremendous if you're in town for the theater - it's near lots of them and also the Times Square TKTS booth. Front desk staff was very friendly on check in and upgraded us to a king without my asking. The room was large with a view of Times Square -- bathroom was good sized with nice amenities. No trouble with the bed. Granted the furniture isn't elegant and the hotel could be updated but we certainly didn't feel it was shabby. There is an intimate bar right off the dining room and many restaurants for breakfast and dinners up and down the street. The lobby is not cozy - it's a wide passageway between the front door on W. 44th and the back door on W. 45th. Maybe a 3 star rather than a 4 star hotel, but we'd certainly stay here on a future trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Radnor, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

If you are on a budget, and not looking for anything but a room, then your ok.....but my wife literally slept with her jacket and used our baby blanket over herself. She thought the place was disgusting. Now she is used to 5 star. When I told her this was not 5 star but considered 4 star, she laughed when she saw the hotel/room.

I would not return even for $240 a night in NYC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Hotel Broadway, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to further investigate your concerns. Please contact me directly at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay, and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to resolving the concerns you had.

Nassau, New Providence Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This was quite honestly a waste of money. The hotel sells itself as a 4 star hotel. Quite honestly the proper authorities should reconsider this and downgrade them to a two star.
Their rooms are filthy. AC vents are so disgusting that the dirt was piled into it causing my allergies to go haywire.
We were "upgraded" upon arrival. However, the upgraded room was dirty and the bed so hard that even the housekeeper agreed that we had to be moved.
The new room was not much better, however it was slightly bigger and appreciated the effort on their behalf.
Staff were not friendly. Never greeted...not once. Constantly had to call housekeeping for things like soap, toilet paper, kleenex, etc. Beds were rock hard.
My advice, spend the extra bucks and go to a proper 4 star hotel. Avoid Millennium at all costs.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Please allow me to apologize that your stay was anything less than excellent. I assure you this is not the standard that is held in our hotel in regards to customer service or the condition of the room. Please contact me directly at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to further investigating your concerns and ensuring this is not a repeat concern for future guests. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very nice staff, I do agree with another reviewer that there weren't enough blankets, but I already had extra layers and turned up the heat a little in the room so we did fine. (my daughter likes to be cooler at night anyway). There was a sheet and a thin duvet, but if I had wanted more covers likely the front desk would have helped. We had initially booked with trip advisor using the "name your own price" and got our rooms here, but then realized belatedly the room was only going to be a double bed and that is it, which was not in any way the hotel's fault, they did their very best and were able to at least switch us to a Queen room---which is all I could really ask. In future I would not use priceline for Manhattan. It worked fine in the past for Las Vegas, those hotels can easily switch to bigger rooms, but that could not happen over spring break in NY.

Room Tip: Don't use priceline for Manhattan. And get the size room you need.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brewster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were very pleased with the location, services, and overall amenities of this hotel right near Times Square. Although we were just steps away from all the action, the room was quiet and well appointed. We would have given this hotel a 5 if there had been soap in the room when we arrived and the maid had picked up the "personal item" left by a prior guest. It certainly could have been an unusual circumstance and only for this room, so we wouldn't hesitate returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate whenever our guests can share their experience. Though we are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay, I do apologize that there was soap missing in the room and an item left behind from a previous guest. Please be assured that we will be sharing your comments with the staff to ensure this does not occur again with future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Upfront service is OK but not back-end service. I first talked to frond desk about AA (American Airline) reward program and seemed they have no idea about it. But they confirmed when checked-in. Two months past and no mile posted on my AA Acct. I called customer svc and left messages (unlikely to reach back-end svc) and emailed them too. But I have never got any response. I called general manager with message and ended up with the same - no feedback. You see, they are interested in service for direct money making but not the service for loyalty. This is one of the biggest mistakes to run long-term business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Amoy,

Once again I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. As mentioned I reached out to you on behalf of the General Manager and our Front Office was able to get in contact with American Airlines Loyalty to ensure your points were provided to you on their behalf. Should you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its location. It is IN Times Square. We just got back from here and couldn't believe how amazing the location was! We could go back to the hotel a few times during the day to drop off bags/use toilets just because it was that easy! We never even needed to take a taxi. Definitely better than the hotel I stayed at three years ago when I went to NYC.

The room we were given was on 31st floor, view was of partially of Times Square,but the windows were large floor to ceiling. Given we weren't in the room much we didn't really mind about the décor. The hotel definitely does need updating but if you can get a good rate for this hotel I would recommend it purely for its location. It is not the best but definitely not the worst. We had a very large room and the bed was really comfortable. As described by other reviews I don't understand why the hotel doesn't put covers on the duvets to make it more hygienic and make it look better.

We didn't have much contact with the staff other than check-in and out, which was easy, quick and hassle free so can't really comment on how good they were.

Overall this was a great trip and the location of the hotel made it so easy. If you are going to be spending a lot of time in your room then don't book this hotel but if you are going to be out as most people should be in this amazing city then I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Millennium Hotel Broadway? Share your experiences!