“Our second stay, staff were great” 5 of 5 stars

Millennium Hotel Broadway
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   145 W 44th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #301 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Our second stay, staff were great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is our second stay at the Millenium. We enjoyed it and the staff were accommodating. We chanced it by naming our price on priceline and specifying 4 star. We lucked out at a week in advance.The location is perfect. Parking is a little expensive, try not to bring a car or park in the city parking lot near the entrance at the Lincoln tunnel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Hotel Broadway, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review! I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were able to accommodate you. We thank you for choosing to stay at the Millennium Broadway once again for your New York visit. We hope to welcome you back for many more stays in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Emily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Bought a room from price line for 2 nights after Christmas this year but before New Years. We were put in the tower on the 50th floor. Nice room, bit small but very adequate. Due to a problem our first night, the management upgraded us to the Premier hotel next door immediately. We had a stunning view over where the ball would drop for New Years eve and the windows were floor to ceiling. I highly recommend upgrading to the premier hotel site if you can. Millenium was nice - but you have concierge, breakfast and more of an upscale feel. We will go back - but will pay to stay in the Premier just due to how nice it was. Thank you to the staff for their courteous service. I appreciated it very much.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I arrived in NYC on 28 Dec to spend NYE in the Big Apple. After a short taxi ride from Penn Station, we were blown away by how close our hotel was to Times Square...literally 100 meters. Staff at reception were pleasant and welcoming and we soon found our room on the 32nd floor - a corner room looking over West 44th street and to our amazement between 2 very tall buildings was....the ball!!!! We didn't have to fight the masses for a position in the square with the million people that were expected to arrive from midday on NYE. The room was large with asking size bed, the bathroom was a good size, however the hotel is in need of an update as it is starting to look a little dated. Staff were lovely and we especially had a soft spot for Olive our housemaid, who was very friendly. Overall our stay was very enjoyable albeit the hotel is starting to look a little tired. One last criticism is that we didn't have any tea or coffee making capability in the rom and continually had to leave the hotel just to get a cup of tea.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Millennium Broadway hotel from 12/27 - 1/1/2013 for 5 nights. On check-in, the room had a strong smell of cigarette smoke. I complained to the front desk and was told that I shouldn't smell anything since the room had been sprayed. What kind of answer was that? I have specifically requested for a non-smoking room when I made the reservation. Also, there were coffee spilt over the bathroom counter, hair on the bathroom floor and on the toilet. Clearly, the bathroom hasn't been cleaned. I called the housekeeping and waited for 2 hours and no one showed up. I had to call again and waited for another 30 minutes, finally someone came and cleaned up. There were no apologies what's so ever. The hotel accommodations were very minimal, there were no body wash, no coffee maker, the shower water pressure was very weak and the hot water was not hot enough. The TV remote control was half broken, the on/off switch was not working. The telephone message button wouldn't turn off. It blinks all the time, which was very annoying, especially at night. From bell people to front desk to housekeeping, people were not nice at all with the exception of one housekeeping lady for our very last night's (12/31) staying and a staff named Bill. They both were very pleasant and willing to help.
Aside from a good location, nothing is good about this place. Don't waste your money!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Hotel Broadway, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Please allow me to apologize for the negative experience you had during your stay with us. We value each of our guests and it’s never pleasant to be informed that a guest had a negative experience. I would like to further investigate your concerns with the appropriate department leaders so that corrective measures may be taken to eliminate the negative experience you stated. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation.

Best Regards,
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Sorry guys. Super disappointed. Staff were great. Let's see where to start? First off if you must, do not accept 16 th floor. It ain't the 16rh. It's only the ninth. The balcony area is disgusting - condom wrappers, rubber gloves (?), tissues... The beds are puny and stiff. The pillows and duvets are lumpy and way past their dell by date. The gym is play but they didn't clean it for the entire four days we were there. - the towels never got changed and the soap was out I. The changing room. They never replaced our soap and shampoo even though we ran out. Sorry guys. Real miss. Bell hop and concierge excepted- you guys were great.

• Stayed January 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Millenium Broadway in 2005 during a trip to NY to visit the MOMA and take in some shows. It was wonderful-- a high end hotel in the heart of Times Square. Imagine our surprise to return to the Millenium in December 2012 and find a stripped down hotel staff and facility that is not being properly maintained. One night we had no washcloths. After obtaining more from the cleaning staff, there was one provided the next day. In trying to obtain a street map for the midtown area, we were given a subway map of Manhattan by the conceirge with the comment, "That's all I have." Staff was responsive, but minimally so. No one smiled. We finally came to the conclusion that the hotel was like a Red Roof Inn near a major airport. Fully booked and overworked. It's a shame.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Please allow me to apologize that your experience was not what you expected, especially as a returning guest. I assure you that we hold high standards and your experience was far from the standard we hold here. I would like to further discuss your concerns and any feedback you would like to provide us in regards to improvements we car strive for. You may contact me directly at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I got a room here through Priceline during a busy December weekend. The location is great as you are close to the action in Times Square. The room was clean and a decent size for NYC hotels, but it was a bit dated. Some of the wallpaper was loose, the tub had a small chipped portion and some of the furniture was chipped as well. The front desk experience was problem-free checking in and out. I'd probably stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay overall, however I was concerned to hear about your experience with the room you were provided. We are dedicated to making any necessary improvements in our rooms, which has been our current goal. I would like to further investigate your concerns and inform the appropriate managers about your room so that corrective measures may be taken to eliminate this experience from impacting our future guests. Please contact me directly at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation and the dates of your stay. I look forward to speaking with you further.

Kind Regards,
Emily

Been to Millennium Hotel Broadway? Share your experiences!