“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #285 of 452 hotels in New York City
Auckland
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Location is great, rooms average.
We had booked a twin room 4 months earlier and were left with one bed and a rollaway. Not good enough for an advance booking.
Only one thin duvet on the bed.Had to ring housekeeping for extra blankets.
Staff not very friendly or helpful.
Probably would stay here again due to the location.
Breakfast average.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Hotel Broadway, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Our hotel is based on providing excellent service to all of our guests and I apologize that you felt otherwise during your stay with us. I would like to address your concerns regarding the staff and the reservation that you booked. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation and the dates of your stay so that I can further assist you.

2,946 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in need of a big facelift. It was redone in about 1999 and it shows. My room had dripping stains in the bathroom on the wall paper and the room had very very dirty carpet. My king size bed had queen sized sheets that did not tuck under the mattress. The tv was a flat screen but only had poor analog signals. The Internet was not usable with an iPad since the page that authorized it would not load correctly. On the laptop it was very slow (except when I woke up from a wrong number on my hotel phone). Room safes are no longer in the closet, but the evidence remains that the once were there. Staff was fine, check in was fast and polite. Hard to get a taxi with the bellman but the will arrange a car service. For some reason taxis are rare on 44th but abundant on 45th.

Stayed November 2012
Binghamton, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have returned to this hotel to my great chagrin. I really liked the hotel and its location and have stayed there several times (see previous review). Clearly, the management has abandoned all training. Our beds were not properly made, and when we complained, they were re-made and a dirty sheet was left behind a chair in the room. The floor hadn't been vacuumed. I saw a doorman ignore many travelers, only help the females parties, and spit in the street.; As for upkeep in room 1907, there was mold in the shower, the furniture noticeably nicked, carpet fraying, one lamp had no knob, When I voiced my complaint to an assistant manager, I was told I only ordered the standard room for only $350 per night. Don't worry, I won't book a room again.

McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stay at this hotel every time we visit NYC. It is quiet, clean, reasonably priced, the staff is very friendly and efficient and, most of all, it is in the perfect location, just off Times Square. It is within easy walking distance of all theaters and hundreds of superb restaurants. In case you haven;t visited New York recently, there are never cabs available when you need them. So, if you have theater tickets,say, for 8:00 Saturday night, you can forget about getting a cab to get there. You can either hire a limo or walk. If shopping is your thing, it is an easy walk to 5th Avenue. The rooms are not luxurious, and could probably use some upgrading, but they are fine. I also wasn't thrilled to have to pay for internet, but that's all I can think of to complain about. So, give this gem a try, but please: keep it under your hat. We don't want it to be too popular so we can't get a room!

Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I recently found ourselves stranded in NYC during Hurricane Sandy. We moved to the Millenium Broadway to ride out the storm. Our room was unbelievably large (for anywhere, but especially NYC -corner king room). I have stayed in NYC many times, but found that even though this is a "touristy" area, it is within walking distance of almost everything, including Hell's Kitchen where restaurants to suit any taste. We loved our stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Hotel Broadway, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Being in a touristy area such as Times Square definitely has its benefits, especially when it comes to the great restaurants in the Hell’s Kitchen District. Though Hurricane Sandy may have put a damper on things, I’m glad you were able to enjoy your stay during a not so great time. We hope to see you again soon.

Donaghadee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Met by Monique Madison -
the Premier Consierge, what a lovely lady. Nothing was a bother to Monique, from early check-in to late-check-out. The breakfasts were lovely, the cocktail bar in the evenings first class - especially when waited on by Nyshraf, what a great fellow, very obliging. The rooms on a high floor were large by NYC standards, and a bonus if you don't like aircon you can open the two windows for fresh air. Lovely huge bed and very comfortable. Finally after a hug and kiss from Monique we left our lovely hotel but we will be back..................................soon, look out Monique!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the older part of the hotel are of a higher floor and a better view. Our room was south fa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our sister property, The Premier Hotel. Monique and Nyshraf are just great and we are lucky to have them part of our team. Having the breakfast and the evening cocktails in the Premier Lounge is definitely a bonus! I’m glad you had an excellent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed with my kids here a couple of years ago. Rooms for Manhattan are quiet ,clean and spacious. Being within steps of Times Square is great when visiting NYC with 4 kids. I understand being that close to Times Square isn't for everyone. But why this hotel deserves an Excellent rating is their Reservation staff. I received a phone call from Mr.Robert Bove a week before arriving, ensuring we had 2 adjoining rooms and beds etc. I am a Hilton Diamond Member, Starwood Gold member, and I never received this kind of service. So thanks again to Mr Bove and the reservation team.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Service is important to us and Robert is definitely an asset to our team. I’m happy to hear we were able to accommodate your requests to ensure you and your family had a pleasant stay. We look forward to servicing you as our guest in the near future.

Emily

Been to Millennium Hotel Broadway? Share your experiences!