“5 "Stars" deserved just for the reservations!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREEdom LimitedTime Offer
Ranked #289 of 451 hotels in New York City
toronto
“5 "Stars" deserved just for the reservations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed with my kids here a couple of years ago. Rooms for Manhattan are quiet ,clean and spacious. Being within steps of Times Square is great when visiting NYC with 4 kids. I understand being that close to Times Square isn't for everyone. But why this hotel deserves an Excellent rating is their Reservation staff. I received a phone call from Mr.Robert Bove a week before arriving, ensuring we had 2 adjoining rooms and beds etc. I am a Hilton Diamond Member, Starwood Gold member, and I never received this kind of service. So thanks again to Mr Bove and the reservation team.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Hotel Broadway, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Service is important to us and Robert is definitely an asset to our team. I’m happy to hear we were able to accommodate your requests to ensure you and your family had a pleasant stay. We look forward to servicing you as our guest in the near future.

3,100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Central, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We booked into this hotel as part of a large marathon runners and supporters group (one of several countries' worth by the looks of things). We also arrived hard on the heels of Hurricane Sandy, so understandably the staff were under a lot of pressure on our arrival. Check in was very busy but there were 3 staff members attending to a couple of large groups and we were checked in within 20 minutes, so not a problem.

Unfortunately, we were allocated a smoking room on the 28th floor. It absolutely REEKED of smoke and was most unpleasant. I rang the desk and spoke to Maurice, who was quite brusque, rude and disinterested - he would not change our room whatsoever, before hanging up in my ear. We had to endure 2 nights in this room before we were finally swapped to a non-smoking room and this was only achieved because our tour organisers stepped in.

The rooms themselves were very tired and in need of an upgrade. Cleanliness was borderline, especially in the bathrooms. The first room had dodgy plumbing and the water didn't empty well after showering so your feet were left in dirty looking puddles, best not think too long and hard about that! The beds were comfortable but only had a very thin duvet inner on top (not even in a duvet cover), which in November was inadequate. We had to ring down to get another blanket as there were no spares in the second room.

In a kind gesture the hotel waived the internet fees for the marathon groups after the marathon was cancelled, it usually costs $12.95/day - I'd assumed it would have been free anyway. There is free wi-fi access in the lobby, the clerk will give you the password to connect.

The location of the hotel is superb, so close to Times Square and the theatres of Broadway. Try your luck in a cancellation queue - we did and got seats 4 rows back for a fraction of the cost. Some shows also have auctions for cheap tickets, enquire at the show of your choice if this is an option. Apparently the show to see is the Book of Mormon, but we heard it's quite irreligious. We saw Chicago and it was fab.

Breakfast was included for us and was just fine for a couple who generally like muesli and fruit; if you want to try the typical "American staples" of waffles, pancakes etc, these were also served on a rotational basis. Can remember thinking a full American breakfast was a bit pricey, you'd be able to get cheaper elsewhere.

Generally the staff were polite and helpful (apart from Maurice that one time).

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker and are given a room on the 28th floor, do not budge until they have give...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had stayed in this hotel for a few nights in 2008, and remembered it as OK. My friend who booked it must have had a special deal, because THIS room was nothing like the one we had in 2008. The beds were hard as rocks; I had to request extra pillows from housekeeping to make a better mattress on TOP of the mattress to be able to sleep (and BTW, housekeeping was surly about providing them). I was stunned that there was no coffeemaker in the room, and would not have known I could get one from housekeeping but for the lovely theater-desk lady who was the only person to offer us information during our stay. Coffee supplies were NEVER refilled unless we phoned and asked. Housekeeping requests invariably took two hours to fulfill. We wanted to visit the 9-11 memorial, which requires reserving and printing time-stamped tickets. The concierge wouldn't print the tickets for us, claiming "we can't because it requires personal information" -- as if the hotel didn't already have our personal information. Instead, they directed us to the in-house computers requiring a minimum payment of $5. $12.95 per day to use internet when most decent hotels have free wi-fi. TV reception and channel selection were poor. The TV remote would not allow me to change the aspect ratio so I had to watch squashed heads for a week. This place must survive on its location, certainly not its service. Never again.

Just a word about the TImes-Square location. This hotel is east of Times Square, and all the theaters and a lot of attractions are to the west of Times Square. This meant that we had to fight our way through the crowds every time we left the hotel. Next time I will definitely stay to the west, probably somewhere up in the 50's to avoid the madness.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Hotel Broadway, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I apologize that your experience wasn't to your expectations. Due to PCI compliance, many of our employees (including Concierge) do not have direct access to guest’s personal information especially credit card information. This is for the protection of our guests. We are working on improvements for our televisions and other services, however I would like to further discuss your concerns and address them to our department leaders. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We booked throught Agoda and there was a booking glitch on the duration of stay between agoda and the hotel. The management were extremely rude and actually accused us of lying at one point. Made me make international calls to agoda to clarify and insisted they had no role to play with agoda. To long a story but if the management is reading this pls lets do it online and say what you had told us.
U have to pay for everything from internet (very very slow dont bother paying) go to the nearby starbucks or pubs. U even have to pay if u need a mini fridge (they have one but its filled to the brim with their minibar so u cant chill your own beer/wine). No coffee maker either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Please allow me to apologize that your service experience with us was less than excellent during your stay. Please be advised that our hotel delivers coffee makers to our guest rooms upon request. Unfortunately when booking a reservation through a third party website such as Agoda, it becomes slightly difficult for the hotel to confirm certain information as the information we receive is only what is provided to us from the third party. Any changes or miscommunication needs to go through the booking source and then in return sent back to the hotel. When booking directly with the hotel’s website, the hotel is able to have all the information provided upon booking. Though this is the policy with the hotel and third party sites we are still committed as a hotel to provide our customers with the best customer service experience we can provide, which unfortunately you did not feel you were provided. I would like to further discuss your concerns. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel room, although clean, had trickling water out of the facet. Also, crazy as it may seem, you can't order bottled water. Room service won't deliver bottled water after 10 at night, and the mini bar that I drank my one bottle out of the day before was never restocked. A simple "sorry sir, we can't get you a bottle of water" is all you get.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Canton (Atlanta), GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I don't know too much about NYC so can't really compare to others, but all in all the room was decent for the price. Had a few issues which weren't addressed very promptly, but in the end they gave us a credit for our troubles. I agree with others that charging for internet access is a bit ridiculous.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Smack bang in the middle of Times Square - can be a good thing or bad thing depending on what you're looking for. Great for transport links as pretty much every subway line passes through the station nearby and Port Authority (for buses) is within easy walking distance. But you will tire of the crowds quite quickly. We must have been assigned an older, unrenovated room. It could definitely do with an update, especially the bathroom. What was most disappointing was the doona/quilt had no cover, it was just a dirty doona placed on top of a white sheet. Definitely not of a 4 star quality. There are much, much better options available in NYC for the same or less amount of money. Only the theatre ticket booth in the lobby is recommendable. They got us awesome seats for Rock of Ages.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I sincerely apologize for your experience with us. We are currently working on making improvements throughout the hotel however this does not justify your experience. I would like to further investigate your concerns and ensure there is a resolution to the things you’ve mentioned. Please contact me directly at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation and the dates of your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Emily

Been to Millennium Hotel Broadway? Share your experiences!