“Management Failure” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #285 of 452 hotels in New York City
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Management Failure”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We booked throught Agoda and there was a booking glitch on the duration of stay between agoda and the hotel. The management were extremely rude and actually accused us of lying at one point. Made me make international calls to agoda to clarify and insisted they had no role to play with agoda. To long a story but if the management is reading this pls lets do it online and say what you had told us.
U have to pay for everything from internet (very very slow dont bother paying) go to the nearby starbucks or pubs. U even have to pay if u need a mini fridge (they have one but its filled to the brim with their minibar so u cant chill your own beer/wine). No coffee maker either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Hotel Broadway, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Please allow me to apologize that your service experience with us was less than excellent during your stay. Please be advised that our hotel delivers coffee makers to our guest rooms upon request. Unfortunately when booking a reservation through a third party website such as Agoda, it becomes slightly difficult for the hotel to confirm certain information as the information we receive is only what is provided to us from the third party. Any changes or miscommunication needs to go through the booking source and then in return sent back to the hotel. When booking directly with the hotel’s website, the hotel is able to have all the information provided upon booking. Though this is the policy with the hotel and third party sites we are still committed as a hotel to provide our customers with the best customer service experience we can provide, which unfortunately you did not feel you were provided. I would like to further discuss your concerns. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com

2,948 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel room, although clean, had trickling water out of the facet. Also, crazy as it may seem, you can't order bottled water. Room service won't deliver bottled water after 10 at night, and the mini bar that I drank my one bottle out of the day before was never restocked. A simple "sorry sir, we can't get you a bottle of water" is all you get.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Canton (Atlanta), GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I don't know too much about NYC so can't really compare to others, but all in all the room was decent for the price. Had a few issues which weren't addressed very promptly, but in the end they gave us a credit for our troubles. I agree with others that charging for internet access is a bit ridiculous.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Smack bang in the middle of Times Square - can be a good thing or bad thing depending on what you're looking for. Great for transport links as pretty much every subway line passes through the station nearby and Port Authority (for buses) is within easy walking distance. But you will tire of the crowds quite quickly. We must have been assigned an older, unrenovated room. It could definitely do with an update, especially the bathroom. What was most disappointing was the doona/quilt had no cover, it was just a dirty doona placed on top of a white sheet. Definitely not of a 4 star quality. There are much, much better options available in NYC for the same or less amount of money. Only the theatre ticket booth in the lobby is recommendable. They got us awesome seats for Rock of Ages.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Hotel Broadway, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I sincerely apologize for your experience with us. We are currently working on making improvements throughout the hotel however this does not justify your experience. I would like to further investigate your concerns and ensure there is a resolution to the things you’ve mentioned. Please contact me directly at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation and the dates of your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Millennium Hotel Broadway from 11/10-11/12 with my daughter. The hotel had long lines to check in and check out, the lobby was unkept, unclean, and the staff was not helpful. Even the restroom when you are in the lobby was filthy with and overflowing trash can and stopped up toliets.
Our room was dirty and our pillow were hard. My daughter wanted to bathe, but the bathtub stopper was broken, so she showered instead. Our room was cleaned, but our bathroom was literally untouched.
The only positive about this hotel is the location. It is close to Times Square. For the price, I would rather stay in a Doubletree or Westin. At least you will get better bathrooms, showers, beds and a cleaner environment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Please allow me to apologize for the negative experience you had with us. Please know that cleanliness is an important priority in our hotel. It’s as equally important and top priority as is customer service. I would like to further discuss and address these concerns. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation and the dates of your stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My friends and I went to New York to shop and see some plays. The Milllenium suited us really well. It's located really close to Times Square, so everyone felt safe going to and from plays on their own. The concierge was helpful and the man at the theatre ticket booth helped us get tickets at a reduced rate - not as cheap as TKTS, but we didn't have to spend time waiting in line. The room was nice and clean, though we didn't spend much time there. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We appreciate you sharing your comments. We definitely pride ourselves in our fabulous location. We’re in walking distance to the Broadway shows and many great restaurants, which makes it very convenient. I’m glad you and your friends had a great stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Pordenone, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here while participating in a conference at the Hudson Theater. Although we got a corner room with a great view on Times Square, the room was not so clean and had a stale smell - it almost seemed a smoker room. The bathroom needed renovation. The noise in the square was bothering during the early morning - even if we were above the 40th floor.
I have stayed in other hotels in Times square and I would say that there are better alternatives.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Please allow me to apologize that your stay was anything less than excellent. I am concerned to hear about the condition and smell you sensed in the room. I would like to further address your concerns. Please contact me directly at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com so that we can look to resolving your concerns.

Emily

Been to Millennium Hotel Broadway? Share your experiences!