“Fabulous location beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREEdom LimitedTime Offer
Ranked #292 of 449 hotels in New York City
Binghamton, New York
“Fabulous location beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

Stayed during restaurant week. Employees very friendly. Location in Times Square is amazing. Great value too.

• Stayed July 2011

3,055 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The only thing worth 4 stars about this hotel is it's location. I was greeted by "Sasha" at the front desk w/ a , "Ya?" as though how dare I interrupt his conversation with a cowoker. After giving me my room key without any form of welcome whatsoever, we went up to the room only to find it reeked of smoke. We had asked for non-smoking. Apparently this WAS a non-smoking floor. Fine, I understand they cannot control their patrons actions as times, but haven't they ever heard of Frebreeze? Additionally there were makeup stains on the bedsheet which looked as though they had not even been changed. They exchanged our room without hesitation. We didn't spend too much time in the room as we were only there for one night & by the time I had a chance to look over things, it was 12am. I used the restroom only to find there was a constant dripping on my back from above. There was a clear wet spot in the ceiling coming most likely from the bathroom above. Gross. When I called to speak with someone I was "transferred" to the Front Desk Manager, which apparently means I sit on hold for 5 min while the phone rings. It's was 12am. I can't imagine it was very busy down there. I called again and before I could explain I was again transferred to an endless number of rings. I gave up until about an hour later when I actually went downstairs. The manager sent up a plumber, after I tried explaining to him that the toilet was not the problem, and a plumber wouldn't help. I would've thought they would have at least offered to switch rooms. Instead, a plumber was sent up at 1am who was expecting a toilet issue and immediately realized there was nothing he could. To make matters worse this was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. My partner and I both woke up with back pains and we have both stayed in a variety of hotels. I will certainly not be staying here again. They also charge $12.99 for internet access?!

Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I was reading some mixed reviews about this hotel after I booked so and was getting a little scared and was expecting to be disappointed. Fortunately, I wasn't.

Check in was a breeze. We got a standard king size room overlooking Times Square. This is probably the biggest hotel room I've ever been in. There are 2 chairs in the room, a study desk and a flat screen tv. The bathroom is huge! Lots of counter space. The amenities list show that there is a mini-fridge in the room but this is a little deceiving. The fridge is filled with drinks and is motion sensitive. Once you remove or even just move anything in the fridge, you get charged automatically. Which means you can't use the fridge to store personal things. It says to call housekeeping if you need a fridge but it doesn't say that they'll charge you a flat fee of $25 for it. Same for the snacks in the drawer, be careful to not move anything if you don't intend on buying them.

The elevators were a little old but they were still fast. The location was awesome. There are two entrances to the hotel, one on 45th and one on 44th. The hotel was right next to a Starbucks, and this is where we went to get free wi-fi instead of paying for it at the hotel. The hotel is right next to Times Square, a few blocks away from Rockefeller Centre, Grand Central Terminal and Central Park. There are lots of subway stations and bus stops nearby as well. If you want to be near where all the action is, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I booked this hotel through Hotwire. I didn't find out the name until it was booked. I was a little apprehensive after reading some of the reviews but it was bedbug free and that was all that mattered, so I was happy. We only needed one night after a cruise so I wasn't too concerned with much else. However, we were pleasantly surprised with how close this was to Times Square! Like, 1 minute walk close! Very impressed especially since I got the hotel for $129!! We were also impressed with the room (31.03) -- we happened to get a corner suite and out of one window we saw the Empire State Building and the other window looked down into Times Square -- doesn't get more New York than that! It was a good size as well. We arrived earlier than checkout time but they were more than willing to hold our luggage with no issue while we shopped! I found the hotel quite clean except for yes, there was some dust on the window ledge and around the lamps -- big whoop but I guess that really bothers some people. I for one would rather deal with a little dust in a great and otherwise clean location. The linens were clean, the towels were clean, and the bathroom was fairly clean, so I was good.
Front desk was helpful when we needed a ride to Newark Airport in Jersey by booking us an air shuttle service that saved us quite a bit of money. All in all a great experience -- and the price just couldn't be beat!
One thing I remember was that Internet access was ridiculously expensive, so I wasn't impressed with *that*.

Room Tip: 31.03 is a great room with a partial view of the Empire State Building in one corner and looking do...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Irvine, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

First, what hotel has a 4:30 pm check-in time! Our flight arrived a little earlier than expected and thought perhaps they will allow us to check-in around 2:00 pm. No such luck.

When we finally got to our room, the room was small and the bathroom was worn and dirty. The bathtub was actually pretty filthy. I was actually in the room one of the days when housekeeping was cleaning our room. Some of the decorative pillows fell off the bed. She just fluffed it and put it back on. Did not change the pillow cover or anything. Gross.

You can't really beat the location - if you like to be in the middle of Time Square. However, I found the rooms to be paper thin and you can hear our neighbors and outside noise was quite loud.

This hotel appeared to be understaffed, always took forever for us to get anything accomplished. Wireless internet was a joke. We are very tech savvy and it took us about 30 minutes to chat with the hotel's IT to get our wireless internet up and running.

It always took the bellman approximately 15 minutes to get our luggage.

Only thing good about this hotel was the gentlemen who booked show tickets as well as the conference rooms on the 52nd Floor. If I wasn't attending a conference there, I would have never stayed here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The morning after my arrival i discovered a blood stain on the blanket.
Manager promised to change the blanket, but they just turned it over!
It took 5 phone calls to get a clean blanket.

Room Tip: check the room before opening your suitcase!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed at the Millennium 7-21-7-22-11, check in was cumbersome and slow, however I found the staff overall to be pleasant once we got to the front of the queue. The common areas, hallways, elevators, carpets, etc showed wear and tear, scuff etc. The hotel was otherwise clean. The room was acceptable with updated countertops, nice corner city view and a 40 inch flatscreen, The mattress (king) was firm but comfortable, the pillow was rock hard, there was no complementary water or coffee maker in the room, only an overpriced minbar with pressure sensors (watch out!). Problem: The bathroom had a sewage smell that seemed to seep out from the sink or toilet periodically. We had to close the bathroom door when we slept so we were not overrun. I complained about this at checkout and the they said they would send up housecleaning! I recommended a plumber-this was sewage gas! Other than the smell of sewage, the room was otherwise acceptable. The concierge was very friendly and made us dinner reservations at an excellent rest, the bellman and in hotel rest. staff were also very friendly, I would have given 4 stars if not for the smell-hopefully that was a fluke due to heatwave?-although I notice now some other reviews about it - beware 20th floor! Location was excellent and close to all in Times Square-one block from shopping, Starbucks, and Swatch Store. Got the rate on Hotwire for very cheap so overall good experience for city. FYI Parking $55 per 24 hours which is about par for the course in the city.

Room Tip: Booked via Hotwire $214.00 a night King
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Millennium Hotel Broadway? Share your experiences!