The hotel has a ways to go before it becomes a 5 star location, & Sandy seems to have taken out most of the expected amenities. But, these things can be overcome when customer service is 5 star. We celebrated our 40th anniversary while in NY. The hotel was aware thanks to family. We were upgraded to an upper level room, facing the Hudson, which gave us awesome sunsets. We were presented with wine & chocolates, congratulations, & a personal note from the person who checked us in. They made us feel special. We did not get to visit most places on our agenda due to Sandy's destruction and outside temps of 30 degrees with 20 mph winds. We will be back soon & will definitely return to this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- New York Marriott Downtown Hotel New York City
- New York Marriott Downtown Hotel
- Marriott New York City
- New York City Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ensconced in polished stone in a contemporary design, the lobby of our downtown Manhattan hotel is simply breathtaking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your New York Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.