“Great Location, Great Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of NH New York Jolly Madison Towers

You added NH New York Jolly Madison Towers to your Saves list
NH New York Jolly Madison Towers
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 East 38th Street, Midtown, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #352 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Koo-Wee-Rup, Australia
“Great Location, Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I only had a couple of days in Manhattan and this Hotel provided a great location to base ourselves to see what we wanted and as a bonus the room was very nice and the concierge couldn't have been more helpful when we checked out in looking after our bags, arranging a cab and getting us on our way at their busiest time. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in walking distance of all the sights in midtown!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We found the rooms shabby and needed updating however the bathroom was lovely. The room was clean and comfortable.
The staff on reception didnt come across very friendly especially when we wanted to change one of our rooms because it was cold. Also on checking out they didn't even ask if we'd enjoyed our stay, we just handed in our keys and they said we were ok to go. The bell boys however were lovely and would always chat.
The hotel was in a brilliant location because it was close by to a lot of places and attractions and we found we could walk almost anywhere.
Across the road on the corner theres a place called moonstruck which was reasonably priced and we ate there a few times for either breakfast or dinner.

If I would return to NYC i'd stay here again if it was a cheaper option but I would not rush back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Having stayed at other hotels on previous visits to New York I was a bit dubious about this one having read some of the bad reviews but there was no need as the hotel was great! The staff were very pleasant and friendly and the rooms were clean to a high standard every day.
The rooms themselves aren't particularly spacious but they were big enough for what we needed (we stayed for 5 nights in a standard room), as we didn't come to New York to spend all day in our hotel, we only used it for the bed!
Also, the toiletries provided by the hotel were useful as it meant I dodnt have to use my own showercap which I could then bring home. I don't know why people are moaning about the hotel toiletries, don't you take things like that with you in holiday?!
The location of this hotel was also great, its 4 blocks away from Grand Central Terminal, where you can get the subway to pretty much anywhere! Its also about a 7 minute walk to Macy's which comws in useful as the hotel doesn't offer free wifi and Macy's does!
Anyway I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and we will definitely be staying there on our next trip.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I ended up booking this room through a hotwire deal, so I didn't know we'd be staying here until after it was over. After reading the reviews, I was really quite nervous, but the hotel was better than expected. Two of us were staying for 3 nights, the check in process was easy and the location couldn't be beat.

The room was fair sized and at first glance seemed great, but when you looked more in detail and spent more time there it was not all that great. The heating system made the room really really hot all the time, we basically had to turn it off at night. It also made terrible clanking sounds periodically that were scary enough to wake me up in the night. The toilet was also incredibly loud. The shower didn't have a door, so water got everywhere. Also the hair dryer worked for about 2 minutes tops. The TV was also tiny and poor quality.

However, it's not all bad. Our room was clean, it wasn't noisy and was cleaned by staff every day and toiletries and towels were always replenished. We didn't spend much time in the room, we were going all day and night, so I had a good stay here.

I think for the price I got for this room it was great, because the location can't be beat. However, I would only book this through an online deal, if I'd paid full price I would have been very unhappy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Brackley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from spending 5 nights in this hotel. Can't complain about the check in as we arrived early and were given our room straight away. Certainly didn't have any problems with the staff or door man either.
We didn't pay a fortune for the hotel so weren't expecting the Ritz! The room was very clean and was cleaned daily by the maids. Other than that the rooms are very tired and would benefit from a bit of a refurb. We had a heater in our room which we were able to control ourselves. Was a bit on the noisy side though.
At the end of the day we didn't spend that long in the room for it to be a problem...too busy out and about seeing the sights (after all that's what you go to New York for isn't it). Two pieces of advice I would give though is a) get some ear plugs...it's known as the city that doesn't sleep for a reason and if your on the front it can be noisy for most of the night, and b) take a small travel kettle and provisions as they don't provide tea and coffee making stuff. I'm glad we had read this before we went.
All in all for our first trip to New York it wasn't a bad experience.

• Stayed February 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Booked two hotels for the same price through Hotwire - two nights each. The other was the Millenium on Broadway - great location, great staff, great rooms, great price.

This one? Not so much. Room was small and not nice, but the worst part wad the doormen on the last day. We had plans of things to see before our evening flight and the man was so rude about storing our bags. Upon returning to collect them we were told that they didn't charge for storage unlike the other hotels (never seen this happen before?) because they relied on tips!? I work in the service industry and would never be this rude to a customer to then demand a tip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

You can't fault this hotel for location but as for everything else. It gets not praise from me.

On arrival we were informed that our booking didn't exist. We had book 7 nights bed and breakfast in a double superior room. This booking had apparently been booked for May instead of January (at the fault of our travel agent they informed us)

So we were booked into a bog standard room and told our breakfast was no longer included. So we had paid an extra few hundred for a room and breakfast package that we never got. Costing us again each morning when we had to buy breakfast.

The room was basic and disappointing considering we thought we were getting a superior room. Clean on the surface but the cleaners could do with more thorough hoovering of each room. The toiletries in the bathroom were half used from the previous guest and we not replaced throughout our week long stay. We ended up going to the local chemist and buying our own.

The heating in the room did not work a couple of nights during our stay. One of the nights it was -11 so made for an uncomfortable cold sleep. We were told it worked but was controlled by staff. So staff left us cold.

I found the staff rude and unhelpful. A porter unlocked a door for us and then asked my boyfriend to tip him for doing so.

I just don't have anything positive to say after my stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to NH New York Jolly Madison Towers? Share your experiences!