“Repeat customer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel

You added Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   215 E 64th Street, New York City, NY 10021 (Upper East Side)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Hartford, New York
“Repeat customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Affinia is in easy walking distance to Central Park and major musems. The room was spotless and the Lobby staff was all helpful and friendly. The location is in a residential section of NYC, close to a family member. My May 2014 visit was my third trip to Affinia, so I am obviously pleased with the accommodations. I findwonderful restuarants within walking distance. I plan to return to the Affinia on future trips to NYC.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Eddie T, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Pat A-

It was great to see that we provided you with the experience you were accustomed to from your prior visits. Our location makes any visit to the city easier and makes the hotel a good home base. Thank you for taking the time to detail out your experience. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back this way in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was an awesome hotel. It's in a great location and a nice quiet neighborhood. I always read reviews on trip advisor before making my plans. This was a great value for the size of room that you get. Probably the largest room I've had in a NY hotel. I just had a regular room, so I don't understand anyone saying the rooms are too small. I guess it depends on how many people you're trying to cram in there. The staff was very friendly and I was always greeted by any employee that I passed. I also enjoyed the kitchen. This came in handy during my stay. I will definitely stay here again and will recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Frederick M-

I really appreciate the review of The Gardens that you completed. It is always a pleasure to see that we provided you with the experiences that you were looking for during your stay in New York. The room size and the kitchens are definitely a bonus when you are visiting. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hillsboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed on a Friday & Saturday night - largest room that we have had in a NYC hotel. Location met our needs, very close to our daughters apartment although some may want something a little closer to downtown. Service was great; all of the desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Pedro at the front desk went above and beyond to make us comfortable, as well as Chris the bellman. Overall a geat stay and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear dhill2015-

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to NYC and your stay at The Gardens. The size of our rooms is a great attribute and we are always happy when our guests enjoy our property and the location. We hope you will come back to see us next time you are visiting your daughter. Thanks again and have a great day.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The hotel served its purpose well. Nice bed, bath and location. We weren't there long enough to take advantage of cooking in, but kitchen was adequate as well. Either a much quieter refrigerator, or a door into the kitchen, would have been a huge improvement. Almost shut it down, but didn't want to risk damage due to defrosting. And got a good night's sleep in spite of it, so bed comfort won out.

Room Tip: book online to get free wifi.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Eddie T, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear roadtripper111-

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. We appreciate you comments and I certainly apologize for the issue with the noise from the refrigerator. I have asked our Engineering Team to check that out asap so no one else will have any concerns. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope the comfortable bed draws you back to us soon!
Sherwood, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I just got back from a extended weekend get together with a group of women. The room we had was very large and it never felt cramped. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was also very roomy. The small kitchen was a bonus. This is not close to nightlife but it was right down the street from the apartment of a friend who lived in town. We ate at some very nice restaurants all within walking distance. Not too far a walk to Central Park. I am sure when we decide to visit again, our group will choose this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear PBJllly-

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Affinia Gardens with your friends. We love to hear that we were a perfect fit for our guests. I was excited to see that we have made new "friends" who will be coming back to stay with us in the future.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Is it ritzy and new and shiny? No. But it's clean, comfortable, affordable and accommodating, especially for groups and families. Rooms were spacious and clean. Staff was helpful and went out of their way to do whatever they could to make our stay better. We had a few maintenance issues but they were dealt with quickly and efficiently. Close to lots of great stuff - restaurants, shopping, etc. We selected this property for a girls weekend get together because friends literally lived just a couple of blocks away. We needed the extra space since we all couldn't fit in their small apartments. Two queen beds, a queen sofa bed, a large bathroom and kitchenette were perfect. We were able to use the space as we all came and went throughout the weekend to all our activities. Thanks to Pedro, Caprice, Marla and Nino for all their help. From check in to check out they and the entire staff were there to help with anything we needed. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear bgwillis1281-

We appreciate your lovely comments about the property and the service you received. Our location and the size of our suites is definitely a big plus when setting up a home base for your visit to NYC. Our kitchens certainly make it easier to travel with a group or large family. Thank you for the shout out to the Team Members who helped make your stay more enjoyable. I will make sure they are recognized for their efforts. Thank you again and hurry back to see us.
Fortaleza, CE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Terrible service. Forced us an upgrade because it convinced us that the room was small. Almost every day someone would call from reception very early. The manager was very rude when we question the value of the upgrade. They did a lot of confusion. The hall is noisy. The street is noisy, dirty and smelly. Never again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear ClaudioBox-

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I was disappointed to read of your concerns especially since I am aware of the conversations you had with the Team while you were staying with us. I apologize for any confusion surrounding the upgrade to a larger room as I believe it was our best intentions to provide you and your family with more space due to the number of people traveling. I was sorry to see that you did not like the neighborhood as well as we get so many positive remarks based on the quiet atmosphere and friendly feel of our community. I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit and would hope you may consider another stay with us in the future to give us the opportunity to show you our commitment to your comfort.

Been to Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel? Share your experiences!