“NYC's Best Kept Secret” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel

You added Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel to your Saves list
Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   215 E 64th Street, New York City, NY 10021 (Upper East Side)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Palm Beach
“NYC's Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Affinia Gardens exceeded my expectations and continues to do so as I am an extended stay guest. When I arrived late at night (midnight) after several flight delays on Jan 28, my room was unavailable due to a guest having to stay an extra night and the hotel was completely booked...this could have been a disaster as I needed to be at Cornell Med Center at 7am the next morning. Niño, the night desk clerk, was more than apologetic and sent me to stay at their sister hotel in Midtown, Affinia 50. The hotel comped my room that night and gave me cab fare for both to and from the hotel.
Affinia 50's staff were very warm and welcoming and the hotel is in a great location. There is some street noise and some construction going on inside the hotel after 9am right now. The rooms are huge by NYC standards and they may be due for a little facelift/updating.. they were clean and the bed linens were of higher quality, but the matress was firmer than I am use to...I was there for 12 hours and what I remember most was the friendly staff.
Affinia Gardens is amazing...I usually stay in 5 star hotels when I visit NYC, but when staying for two weeks, it just did not make sense to spend a ton of money...especially when I needed to be walking distance to Cornell. I love that this hotel has kitchens in every room- not just kitchenettes, but full size refrigerators, stoves with ovens, microwaves, etc... My room even has a full size dishwasher. The hotel staff goes above and beyond to help their guests. I changed rooms 3 times only because I needed more space to accommodate a friend staying with me and the hotel bellman, Krys, literally moved us from room to room while we were out at lunch. Krys is amazing! He makes everyone feel right at home here and everyone loves him...the rest of the staff is just as amazing...so professional, yet friendly and helpful as well. The hotel sent me a really nice bottle of red wine with an apology note for the mix up with the room on my first night- I had forgotten all about it, but this sort of gesture is exactly what a hotel guest needs to be reminded that the hotel really does care about it's guests. I have stayed in 3 different rooms and have found the corner rooms to be the best layout. Street side or garden side, it does not matter as they are both quiet (for NYC that is!). I went from staying in a junior suite to a one bedroom and both are very spacious. The one bedroom is like a regular apartment! The couches in all of my rooms had pull out beds. For the price, this hotel can not be beat. Great location, a gourmet food restaraunt, regular supermarket, organic vitamin store+supermarket (with juice bar and smoothie bar, shots of wheatgrass and all), 24 hr drug stores, beauty salons and shopping all within a block. My husband is equally impressed and he is the picky one! We are definitely making Affinia Hotels our new must stay at hotel when we visit NYC...especially Affinia Gardens!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are the best, all rooms seem to be quiet without street noise no matter which floor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Coxsackie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The staff was wonderful and professional. Kris the bellman, the front desk staff and housekeeping made our stay the best. We were in town with family for surgery, we had special requests which were all met with a smile. Will definitely stay here any time we come back.

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Affinia Gardens has everything going for it. The location on the upper East Side is great, a quiet neighborhood but easy walk to main streets with convenient great restaurants, a wonderfully helpful and friendly staff (from front desk to bell help to housekeeping, all were sincerely and genuinely helpful) and quite extensive kitchen facilities in each room. This was terrific for us, as we were staying there while getting care and nearby hospitals and the ability to cook and to order-in takeout food and re-heat it was a God-send. This hotel is like a wonderful secret compared to all of the big chains in NYC. Only detriment was the lack of a view, at least from our lower floor room, but this was a pretty minor concern. Overall, we had a great stay and this hotel has become my hotel of choice for future NYC stays.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The staff here is extremely professional, kind, compassionate and helpful. We stayed here with a family member who was in town for an appt at Sloan Kettering.

Krys ( his trademark hat looks great on him) was amazing with assisting with our travel needs. Also overnight security officer Mr Fitzroy went above and beyond to help us secure a taxi on a very early chilly morning - thanks again!

Our suite was spacious and had two lovely balconys. The room was very clean and the beds super comfortable.

Hollywood florida/Guangzhou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Amazing hotel... large beautiful rooms/kitchen/ and helpful staff.. paticularly Sal, Caprice and Pedro. Will stay here whenever I get to the New York.
What else can I say.. been coming to NY for years... this was amazing!!!
Dr. Judie Manulkin

Room Tip: I think they qll are fine I stayed in the smallest" and it was very large..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Rooms are huge by NYC standards, kitchen, couch, etc. One could live here. Clean! Good staff - really appreciated service Kris provided, very courteous & professional. Close to several great diners, Central Park and subway. If you want a hotel bar & room service, this is not the place for you but if you want clean, quiet, friendly place this is it. We'd happily stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Pleased with everything except te WIFI service when obtanined from the room. It was not reliable due to the fact that its connection stopped short after a little usage time and sometimes asking to chose the extension of time for the service eventhough it had already been contracted for a week long. Please consider this as a way to collaborate with the hotel and not as a complaint.
I also want to point out the excellent service and kindness of your employees, particularly from SHEFI, CAPRICE, NIGEL, SAL, JOANA and VASHYNA.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north are absolutely quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel? Share your experiences!