Affinia Gardens exceeded my expectations and continues to do so as I am an extended stay guest. When I arrived late at night (midnight) after several flight delays on Jan 28, my room was unavailable due to a guest having to stay an extra night and the hotel was completely booked...this could have been a disaster as I needed to be at Cornell Med Center at 7am the next morning. Niño, the night desk clerk, was more than apologetic and sent me to stay at their sister hotel in Midtown, Affinia 50. The hotel comped my room that night and gave me cab fare for both to and from the hotel.
Affinia 50's staff were very warm and welcoming and the hotel is in a great location. There is some street noise and some construction going on inside the hotel after 9am right now. The rooms are huge by NYC standards and they may be due for a little facelift/updating.. they were clean and the bed linens were of higher quality, but the matress was firmer than I am use to...I was there for 12 hours and what I remember most was the friendly staff.
Affinia Gardens is amazing...I usually stay in 5 star hotels when I visit NYC, but when staying for two weeks, it just did not make sense to spend a ton of money...especially when I needed to be walking distance to Cornell. I love that this hotel has kitchens in every room- not just kitchenettes, but full size refrigerators, stoves with ovens, microwaves, etc... My room even has a full size dishwasher. The hotel staff goes above and beyond to help their guests. I changed rooms 3 times only because I needed more space to accommodate a friend staying with me and the hotel bellman, Krys, literally moved us from room to room while we were out at lunch. Krys is amazing! He makes everyone feel right at home here and everyone loves him...the rest of the staff is just as amazing...so professional, yet friendly and helpful as well. The hotel sent me a really nice bottle of red wine with an apology note for the mix up with the room on my first night- I had forgotten all about it, but this sort of gesture is exactly what a hotel guest needs to be reminded that the hotel really does care about it's guests. I have stayed in 3 different rooms and have found the corner rooms to be the best layout. Street side or garden side, it does not matter as they are both quiet (for NYC that is!). I went from staying in a junior suite to a one bedroom and both are very spacious. The one bedroom is like a regular apartment! The couches in all of my rooms had pull out beds. For the price, this hotel can not be beat. Great location, a gourmet food restaraunt, regular supermarket, organic vitamin store+supermarket (with juice bar and smoothie bar, shots of wheatgrass and all), 24 hr drug stores, beauty salons and shopping all within a block. My husband is equally impressed and he is the picky one! We are definitely making Affinia Hotels our new must stay at hotel when we visit NYC...especially Affinia Gardens!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquil. Thoughtful. Private. Just right for a little alone time in NYC. Discreetly located on the Upper East Side on an intimate, tree-lined street, the Gardens NYC is the picture of Manhattan gentility. It's surrounded by world-class NYC shopping and Manhattan's famed museums, adding grace and charm to its locale. But guests find it's just right for a tranquil retreat. With such great in-room service, you can simply take to your hotel suite and escape for some alone time. Our 129 suites, many larger than New York City apartments, offer generous living space, including full kitchens and large vanities with Hollywood lighting, making them ideal for stays of a day, a week or much, much longer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Gardens Hotel New York City
- Affinia Gardens New York City