“Some improvements” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City

You added Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City to your Saves list
Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   569 Lexington Avenue, at East 51st Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
NYC Winter Sale from $109
Ranked #297 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Warren, Rhode Island
“Some improvements”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Went on a Groupon deal. First person we dealt with was a bellman to store our luggage because we had tickets for a 2:00 show. He was rude, abrupt and impatient. Granted the front lobby was quite busy, but he was still over the top. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. In fact everyone was other than the one bellman. Had to pay for each bag when we dropped and again when we picked them up. The complete "update" at the hotel, is exaggerated. The room we stayed in was decent. Carpet and tile seemed new, but the bathroom door was rotting from the bottom and the bathtub was old, chipped and not very appealing. For the deal I got it, it was more than worth it. We could walk to Rockefeller Center, theaters and good food. Almost forgot, the Concierge here was outstanding. I asked for a great pizza, he asked more questions and made suggestions before he gave me his best advise (I know it's the right thing, but not all will do much more than pass over a list) he then proceeded to find me just the right reservation for dinner.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Carteret, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great location Uptown, very nice staff and rooms. Lobby is nice but could use some updated furniture. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Nice restaurant for meals. Wish they had 24 hour room service but it stops at 10pm.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Grapevine, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have returned to this hotel a half dozen times. The personnel is polite, the rooms are spotless, and its convenient to the subway 6/E, bus from Long Island and MTA buses and midtown Manhattan. The price is always right.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I didn't choose this hotel since Priceline chose it for me through express deals but if I were given a chance to choose my own I will probably go with another one. After seeing the reviews on Tripadvisor I thought it would be a good idea to ask for a higher-level room so I did asked. The person at check-in did assigned me one but asked me to come back half an hour later. When I came back, she said the room was prepared yet and asked me to come back later. So I repeated coming back 3 or 4 times...one word I would use to describe this process: hectic. And during this time I tried to ask them to store my luggage so I could explore the nearby area but they say it would cost me $2 and I was like what?

The room was nice and clean. However, there's no free wifi. Let me reiterate this: wifi is only free for HHonors members as well as AT-T u-verse subscribers and those who purchased passes/have promo code. You have to spend $15 a day to get wifi connected (which I thought was insane and didn't spend my money on that). I also asked for toothpaste through CareLine but nobody delivered for the first time and I had to call again.

Pretty much it, nothing special except for the cookie at check-in. Don't know how it's rated 4-star.

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Mystic, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Doubletree by Hilton really means Hilton class and a world-class breakfast at the Metropolitan. More user-friendly than the huge Waldorf. The front desk staff are as good as anywhere at any price. The rooms are amazingly quiet for the location (except for inevitable big city noise from outside).

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Warwick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you book well ahead of time you can get a great price at a very good hotel located in the heart of Manhattan. The review must have 200 characters minimum. The review must have 200 characters minimum. The review must have 200 characters minimum. The review must have 200 characters minimum. The review must have 200 characters minimum.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed in the hotel for a business errand. I arrived in early morning and the only fortunate thing was that they accepted my request to hold the room for the next day. However, this was the only positive thing regarding my experience at this hotel. The staffs are not willing to help. Rooms not clean. Staff are rude. I stayed in the highest floor (19th floor) but the my room was still dark due to surrounding high-rise building. Carpet was dirty with signs of food, etc. More specifically I was bothered with the attitude of front desk staff. I asked for a good restaurant nearby and they told me they are not in charge of giving directions or hints and should use my mobile phone applications like yelp to find out where the restaurants are located! Another time I asked about a charge they put on my credit card at check out and the front desk lady did shout on me that go call customer service to find out what the charge is about!!! I think this is very surprising as I had never had such experience in talking to a "front desk" person!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

nycdtdt, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Behrang A:

We wish your concerns could have been addressed with the Manager on Duty so to seek a resolution and provide you with a comfortable stay. Our sincere apologies for your inconveniences experienced with us. We appreciate your comments and feedback to better our service. They will be reviewed with the team and taken into consideration.

Best Regards,

Kim Ng, Guest Experience Manager

Been to Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City? Share your experiences!