“Hotel was nice. Front Desk not so nice/” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City

You added Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City to your Saves list
Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   569 Lexington Avenue, at East 51st Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
NYC Winter Sale from $109
Ranked #295 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Forked River, New Jersey
“Hotel was nice. Front Desk not so nice/”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is nice we enjoyed our stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable.It is an easy walk to Rockefeller Center, Park Ave and 5th Avenue.The chairs in the bar are getting a little worn but are comfortable.My only complaint is that the woman at the front desk was exceedingly grumpy. It was like you were an annoyance to her rather than a welcome guest. I believe her name is Vicky(?)A smile doesn't cost anything!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is the second time I've stayed at the Doubletree Metropolitan, the previous time was back in 2008 and to be honest nothing has changed since that visit.

I booked this hotel through Hotwire and was pleased that the hotel were able to accommodate my email request for a king bed and cot for my 1 year old. I also requested an early check-in, which of course was down to availability; however the email correspondence was very helpful and prompt.

Upon arriving at the hotel, the check-in desk was fairly helpful given our long journey from Dubai. I'm not sure why other people have knocked the friendliness of the staff. Our clerk was able to upgrade us to a Hilton Honnors room, which basically meant it was a little more room to accommodate our daughters crib which they provided & this would be ready within an hour or so.

It's outrageous that the bell boys charge a dollar a bag for storage, I've never heard of a hotel do this before anywhere in the world. The lobby was extremely busy at all hours of the day, given this was the only location for free wi-fi I wasn't surprised but it does make the hotel seem untidy.

The room was basic and it hadn't changed since my visit in 2008. In fact, the hotel roomed the fridge and coffee making facilities. This would've been very helpful given we had a small child with food and drink needs throughout our visit in NYC. This is a major negative of this hotel, they need to invest money into updating the hotel to modern standards. I've stayed at a number of Hilton locations, including Doubletree, and this is by far the worst! The only reason I can think this hotel still functions as is, is due to the location and the constant influx of visitors.

Location is good but pretty limited on standard food options in the area, unless you're happy with dinning in hotels on Lexington.

While this hotel is great for travellers with the basic amenities and location, I don't think this hotel warrants the price tag. I wouldn't return to this hotel on my next visit to NYC.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel itself is located wonderfully, a walk away from Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza and more and close to many subway stops. It is clean, well appointed and I didn't feel the room was small as some other reviewers have mentioned. My husband and I both had a big suitcase each and felt we had plenty of room to spread out. The bed was ok and the linens were ok too - it wasn't the most comfortable but we slept fine. The bathroom was good but the tub probably could use a revamp.

While the staff, while not overly friendly by any means, got us checked in and out easily. I will say that the woman who was working the concierge desk was not suited for that job - she was really unfriendly and not very helpful. When I asked about places for afternoon tea she actually told me to google it because she didn't know anything about it. Not great.

When getting ready to leave we asked the doorman to grab us a cab and he suggested one of the hotel's affiliated black cars - the same price ($60). We took him up on it and were really happy with the service of the driver. The car was great, he played Christmas music when I asked him to and the drive was very comfortable all the way to JFK. I definitely suggest taking them up on this.

Overall, we got a really great deal on the hotel and were happy with our stay. Many of (but not all) the staff could use a little bit of sprucing up in the customer service/attitude department - Smile! It's such a simple act and one many of the staff seem to have forgotten how to do. We're happy to be here, shouldn't you be happy we're here too? - but other than that it was a good experience.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Key west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed at the Doubletree Metropolitan in 2011. Had an incredible experience! Customer service was top-notch! Much to my regret, a couple of years later I stayed at a different hotel just for something different. Big mistake! This year I went back to the Doubletree Metropolitan once again, and was not disappointed! They really know how to treat their guests! Great job Doubletree! You will be my go to hotel whenever I'm in Midtown!

• Stayed December 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel was in a great location and was reasonably updated inside the room but the hotel is incredibly noisy. We were on the 8th floor and there were a ton of kids which I understandis beyond the hotel's control but all three nights we stayed I could hear children screaming and worse yet - every time someone shut their door the doors slammed and I could also hear it. I did not sleep well at all in this hotel and would not stay there again for a business trip or any other type of trip either. Side note as well - the salon downstairs that is attached to the hotel? Incredibly rude, which was a cherry on top.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great location, great staff (Silvia at the front desk gave me an early check-in and upgrade!) and incredibly clean - I mean SPOTLESS. This is my new go-to hotel in NYC. The IKEAish furniture is perfect - efficient storage, desk, good desk chair, great lamps and comfy bed. Very quiet except when the maid squad is at work in the hall. All of my NY friends who visited said they would recommend it to their friends.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great Location for NYC during the holidays. Close to subway or walking distance to all major attractions. The hotel was clean and quiet - just what we expect from a Doubletree. Very happy with our experience.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City? Share your experiences!