“An interesting stay...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City

Save Saved
You added Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City to your Saves list
Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   569 Lexington Avenue, at East 51st Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
NYC Fall Sale from $159
Ranked #287 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Miami, FL
“An interesting stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was on the 14th floor for Hilton Honors guests. I had a king bed room. The hotel appeared a little older, and the décor was not very updated. The room was generally ok and functional. The bathroom was small, but there was good closet space.
The odd issue that occurred for me was that I came on September 15. There was no heat in the room, yet the high temperature in NY was only in the 60s. My room was 69 degrees. I called the front desk and they stated that they were between seasons so the room had no heat. They were nice enough to bring a space heater into my room. This worked.
The room was actually very quiet for being in NYC. I could not avoid hearing the fire engines, but the general street noise was fairly quiet. The room had good shading to stay dark at night.
The shower was nice and the water was warm. In most hotels, the water from the shower gets on the floor, but this hotel had a nice curtain to keep the water in the shower.
The bed was comfortable (to normal Hilton standards). I liked the smaller pillows (many of them).
The ice machine had no ice, but there was a vending machine to buy drinks ($2.50 for a 20 oz. drink).
The lobby was very crowded (and small) and there seemed to be a lot of visitors sitting around. It did not look like the kind of place to hang out for very long. The elevators were fairly good (I read a review that complained, but I thought that they were good). I only had one trip where the elevator stopped at nearly every floor on the way down to take on new passengers.
The staff was nice and helpful. The NY code is to tip well. If you do, you will be treated extra well (this is my own personal thing, and many might do things differently). One staff member found an umbrella for me when the hotel ran out. That was nice of him. The other staff member set up my trip to the airport. I liked the staff. They were helpful, and they showed that they cared.
Overall, the hotel was functional. It is not upscale, but I was only there for one day. My room cost over $500 for the night, but this is NYC. The room did the job, and the negative was balanced by the positive.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the elevators. Try to get a room up high. I reserved high, but they put me a...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The hotel was great,but what put it over the edge for us was the special care and service by Karen and Tom late at night when I had laryngitis. They took great care of me and got me some hot tea. So thankful for the great service!

• Stayed September 2014
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It is our first time in New York and we're lucky enough to have booked at Doubletree, very clean hotel and spacious room and the staff are very warm and hospitable, we love every minute we spend at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Munich, Bayern, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

If you like to explore NY by Subway, this place is very good. Two major lines are crossing right in front of the hotel. The metro cafe next door offers breakfast, lunch and diner. Rooms are ok, a little noisy, but thats NY. They had some elevator Trouble and therefore waiting times to get up or down

Trumbull, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I stayed here for two nights, just for a quick anniversary getaway in NYC. We received a great deal from one of the travel/discount apps. So, even though we were not that familiar with the hotel, we went for it. I let the manager know that we were there of our anniversary, and upon arrival in our room there were some chocolate cover coffee beans, as a gift! The hotel was recently revovated and really had that modern feel to the lobby, lounge, and rooms. The location is close to the park, so that was nice as well. All in all a really nice experience. We have received other discounts for this property, so a great deal for NYC is available if you can be flexible with your dates!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you have never traveled to New York and stayed in Manhattan you will be shocked by the price of the hotels there. That said, as all NYC hotels this was small but was clean, smelled nice and wasn't noisy. The view was atrocious (old dilapidated building roofs with lawn furniture) and the fitness center was out for renovations. Over all, if you have to go to NYC and stay in the financial district (around 52nd and Lexington) this is about the best place you can get.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here while I was moving and trying to find an apartment which can be so overwhelming. I had huge bags that the doorman took care of and assisted me to my room. It was also a pleasant surprise to get a warm cookie at check-in especially because I had been travelling all day. Room was just what I needed - spacious, with a view, clean. Staff was friendly, helpful, and made me feel at home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for this and because it is in the most convenient location in the city.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City? Share your experiences!