“OK, but nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City

Save Saved
You added Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City to your Saves list
Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   569 Lexington Avenue, at East 51st Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
NYC Winter Sale from $159
Ranked #291 of 454 Hotels in New York City
“OK, but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed here for a business conference. The hotel itself is okay and we had a reduced rate so for the price it was good, however the hotel is nothing more than average. Pros Cookie on arrival Location is good Cons Tiny, tiny bathroom No, mini bar or tea and coffee available in room. Very noisy hotel

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nadria B, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear O8530APkellyc,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and will use them in mind as we strive to better serve our guests. Thank you for staying with us.
Nadria Buchanan- Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was in NYC for a business trip. This Hilton property is in a very convenient location and met all of my expectations. The hotel room and its amenities were on par with the size of those offered in the city. The property (and my room) were clean and seemed fresh - like they had gone through a recent remodel. If I could secure another reasonable rate at this property in the future, I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Nadria B, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear LosAngelesRoad,
Thank you for the wonderful review on your most recent stay. I am very elated to hear that you were pleased with the hotel amenities and your room assignment. We appreciate the kind recommendation and look forward to future visits when you are in the city.
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our first visit to New York City. We could not have found a better location, close to all the midtown sites and right next to a metro station. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the price (special spring sale by Hilton) was really good for the location. The service was good, and they even allowed us a late checkout time of 1:00. Our only complaints were that we had a handicap room with the tallest, most uncomfortable toilet I have ever seen and that the room was very dark with very little lighting. BTW, the Metro Cafe right next door is a good place for breakfast or lunch. All in all, a really good value.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear ScTraveler15,
Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay with us. We are located within minutes of some of the greatest area attractions in the city. I am happy to hear that you room was suiting your needs. I do apologize that the toilet was too high for you. We will keep the comments in mind as we try to provide a better service experience for our guests.
Rochester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had also reserved for the night of 8th June with a confirmed and documented early morning arrival on the 9th after an international flight arrival to JFK. When I checked in at 6 a.m. on the morning of the 9th, I was told that my room had been given away as I was marked as "noshow" despite that Aliona the reservations manager on site had doublechecked before she'd left the previous work day. And that despite the fact that I was to be given a double-bedded room as my reservation was linked to a conference stay beginning the night of the 9th (also documented not only by Aliona, but by the conference planner as well who was in touch with the property on my behalf), the "only room" available was a queen with "room for a rollaway". This was nearly unacceptable but I had no choice as the hotel was full and I would otherwise have to sit and wait until my room type would become cleaned and available. After an 11 hour allnight flight, of course that option was not viable. So, I went to this queen room and there would have been no way for a rollaway without moving out 2 large pieces of furniture. When I reached Aliona, she was as upset and angry as I was, understandably so. But she did her best to get my reserved room type ready for me as soon as she possibly could. How can you give away a room like that when it's been paid for in advance? When notes were in the reservation to guarantee my room type and availability upon my arrival? There are times when a person behind the desk says I am sorry, or my apologies and it just falls on deaf ears; this was one of those times. It was unacceptable, period!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Mfk59,
Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially about areas where we can do better. We are sorry that we couldn’t supply your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a detailed process every day to make sure that our guests receive exactly the room they expect. There are times when we won’t be able to have the same room available to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, we’re sorry for the inconvenience and hope that the next time you travel to the area you’ll stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree Metropolitan for 27 days and my expectations were exceeded on all 27 of them. The staff was curtious, helpful, and made it a point to remember my name. The location was within walking distance of time square, central park, and many other attractions. I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Nelson T,
Our team takes great pride in making the Doubletree by Hilton Metropolitan your home away from home. We aim to provide our guests with the little acts of kindness which make our guest feel human again. I will certainly share this amazing feedback with my team and we hope to see you for future visits! Thank you for staying with us.
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are driving in and planning to park overnight, this is the place to stay. The parking is discounted, direct entry to hotel,such easy access. Hotel is clean, rooms are small and basic, very welcoming experience. The location is EXCELLENT close enough to Broadway, and Midtown experience, far enough away from the noise and crowds.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear EileenT21,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We pride in our convenient location and are very happy to know that it was suitable to your needs. I will share your kind comments with my team regarding the rewarding experience you had with us. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for staying with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Nice hotel on Lexington ave/51st. Close to Central park, hot shot shops at fifth ave and Rockfeller center. Ok rooms, little too dark for my taste. Missed fridge and shoeshine cloth. Nice and helpful employees. Had breakfast at the small breakfast bar next to the hotel just to look at the New Yorkes. Get used to wait for elevatorols that are packed. Despite the fact that I told the ladies at the front desk twice that my booking included wi-fi the bill said I had to pay for the Wifi. Was fixed by the third lady during check out. Will recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: I normally go for a street room, but with fire station across the street I will recommend to go for...