The location beats everything. Especially if you are an East Side lover (we are). We stayed on the 12th floor, it is one of the two designated Hilton Honors floors. The check-in was very easy and friendly. The famous Doubletree cookies one gets at check-in fully deserve their great reputation. The rooms are very decent, larger than your typical NYC hotel rooms. Quite a few visitors have complained about the lack of the coffeemakers, but we have noticed the same 'trend' in other city hotels. There wasn't a mini-bar either, but there is a Duane Reade (Walgreen) literally next door to the hotel (more choices, 300% cheaper than any mini-bar). Our Groupon voucher also provided free Wi-Fi, the reception was very good (don't forget to get your password when checking-in). We also received 2 complimentary drinks at the lobby's Met Bar.
We had a minor glitch with our HVAC, the technician showed up within 5 minutes and we later got a follow-up service call; very good customer service.
The lobby is not spacious at all, with most of the area taken up by the Met Bar, but that didn't reflect on our positive impression. Overall we are very satisfied with the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports.Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.