We stayed at the Doubletree Metropolitan as part of our wedding anniversary trip.
It's located nicely on E51st & Lexington and great if you want to wander around New York - quite a few Delis and Fast Food outlets within 30 seconds walk of the door.
The room itself was pretty basic, the lock on the bathroom door was busted but since it was just the two of us in the room that didn't really matter. The hotel staff were friendly, with a nice bar downstairs.
The subway station is just around the corner (we could see it from the room) and the famous grate where Marilyn Monroe got her skirt blown up - sadly my wife didn't want to re-create the scene.....
The local fire station is just next door, so it can be a bit noisy sometimes but hey, you're in the city that never sleeps and you get used to the background noise pretty quickly.
All in all a nice pleasant hotel that could just do with a bit of TLC but great as a base to explore NYC from :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports.Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City