It really depends on what you're up to in NYC in order to say if this hotel is good or not. I was in NYC for 3 days and 2 nights dedicated to getting to know Manhattan as much as my feet and money would allow me to and obviously not using any tour/sighseeing service. So the location was awesome but the hotel is overpiced as any other hotel in Manhattan. I didn't try the breakfast service as it was also overpriced and as there were many coffe shops around. The room fit my needs in terms of space as I only used it to sleep and get myself changed, not a 5 star room but also not the worst room I've ever had. Unfortunately the hotel was very crowded and I was not able to check in earlier than 1:30pm. That was not very pleasant as my flight arrived JFK at 6am and I was in Mahattan at 9am. Frontdesk people? The first one I spoke to was not the most polite one but then I was lucky enough to have nice people there the other time. The luggage storage service is useful but it would really be better if we simply could check in earlier like 10am or at most 12pm. Oh, and subway is really on the corner of the avenue. I would definately consider doubletree for the next trips to NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports.Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Groupon, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City