The room was super clean and neet. There is also free wifi in the lobby and nice couches. The rate are amaising given the hotel prime location , few blocks walking distance from central park and time square. Breakfast not free but served in a nice Cafteria style , you can also have your breakfast on the terrace.
Also i have to remenver the amaisng staff ! What is chance of getting back you Unlocked IPAD if it was lost in Manhattan? I can tell you zero % ! But contrary to my expectation... I got it back and safe. After checking out and got my car from the Hotel Parking, we took off back home. After 1 hour driving I realized my IPad and I had become separated. Of course it contained all manner of ID, address book ,personal and business info. At that moment I realized that I had forgotten probabely in the Hotel parking counter. At this point i had no hope of getting it back,I called the hotel and get transferred to the parking attendant. Imagine my surprise when the attendant replied back " Sir no worries I have your IPad " I could not believe it! We want back and in the mean time I called the hotel manager who ensured getting back the IPad from the parking lot to the hotel's security department! That was a great experience , the parking attendant , the hotel manager and her team were super dedicated with a lot of integrity and honesty!
In summary we had great experience with Double Tree Manhattan and enjoyed our time in NYC
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel
- New York City Doubletree
- Doubletree Metropolitan
- Doubletree Metropolitan New York
- Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City is a modern, landmark hotel conveniently located on Lexington Avenue at 51st Street, in the heart of Midtown’s luxurious East Side. The contemporary hotel recently completed a $25 million dollar revitalization project which included all-new guestrooms, suites and meeting space. With it’s ideal Midtown location, the hotel is steps from fashionable Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue shopping, Bloomingdales, the United Nations and many upscale boutiques. Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and The Museum of Modern Art are all within walking distance. Grand Central Terminal and all major subway lines are just a few blocks from the hotel. Penn Station/Madison Square Garden and Port Authority Bus Terminal are accessible via quick taxi ride and the hotel is convenient to all (3) area airports.Each of the hotel’s 764 brand-new guestrooms (including 22 suites) features all-new carpeting, furniture and wall treatments plus brand-new bathrooms. Modern in-room amenities include high-speed Internet access, Sweet Dreams by Doubletree Sleep Experience, 37-inch flat-screen television, MP3 connectivity and brand-new work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include a newly renovated lobby with spacious seating area, trendy Met Bar lobby lounge, Met Grill (open for breakfast), room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center, complimentary 24-hour business center, Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, gift shop, salon and barber shop – all onsite. The hotel has 14,000 square feet of brand-new event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.