“The rooms are very quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Parker Meridien New York

You added Le Parker Meridien New York to your Saves list
Le Parker Meridien New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   119 West 56th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #166 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Stockholm, Sweden
“The rooms are very quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

If you need a central located hotel on your business trip this is a perfect choice. This is a business hotel so if you are looking for a cozy love weekend hotel you will get disappointed.
The hotel has everything in a good way but they lack charm.
The rooms are very silent so you will have a nice sleep even though the New York traffic is right outside.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Andrew18985,

Thanks for your review. I'm very glad to read that you had a peaceful and restful stay. While we have everything the business traveler needs, we also have plenty to offer to families and couples looking for a weekend getaway. Next time you're here be sure to take a dip in our rooftop pool overlooking Central Park and you'll see what we mean!

Director of Guest Communications

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (927)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I've been staying at the ParkerMeridien for over ten years. It's my go to hotel in NYC. The rooms and suites are very stylish, spacious and uber chic. I love the location, it feels like a neighborhood vs a Time Square tourist trap. Lots of nice restaurants and shopping in walking distance. The on-site spa MoonShine was sooo accommodating on one of my stays with the best massage ever.

Room Tip: The Tower rooms have GREAT views of Central Park
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear JRR-PA,

Thanks so much for your nice review. We're so happy that you've made us your "home away from home" and sincerely appreciate your continuing loyalty and patronage. Isn't Moonshine great? It's hard to believe you're still in New York when you're there!
We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please feel free to contact me if there's anything you need.

Director of Guest Commuincations
guestrelations@parkermeridien.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

great location, great amenities...the pool overlooking Central Park and the gravity gym were highlights...also enjoyed having cappuccino in the coffee lounge and burgers at burger joint....would definitely stay again and would recommend to our friends...

• Stayed August 2014
Dear travelling-menagerie,

Thanks very much for your nice review. I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us! Knave, our espresso bar, also serves expertly crafted cocktails and small bites that you should try next time you're here. Don't be a stranger!

washington, dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Overall, my stay at Le Parker was great...here are my 2 cents:

CHECK-IN: This was quick and easy. The staff members were very nice. I also got to have a late check out time which was wonderful since my train left in the late afternoon.

JR SUITE: The suite is quite roomy for my family of 4. I don't know how big regular rooms are - but the Jr Suite was great...essentially, it's like 2 rooms - and by NY standards - huge. Of course it was a bit pricier, but couldn't find a hotel w. similar amenities w. this size rooms for the same price.

DECOR: I agree the hotel rooms could use a little updating. However, they are not that tired--yet. The lobby is beautiful w. marble floors although not your 'standard' lobby with a grand central area.

FOOD/DRINKS: We ate at the Burger Joint which was tasty (there was no line b/c we ate early evening) and had drinks at the Knave. The burgers and fries were cheap @ the Burger Joint and the drinks expensive @ the Knave. However, it's NYC...loved the ambiance @ the Knave. I didn't have coffee in the morning, we opted for smoothies nearby instead--but I'd try it out if I wanted a nice cappuccino in a cushy sofa and cozy setting.

LOCATION: The location is excellent...just a few blocks from Central park, Time Square, museums, and lots of shopping. There are also many good restaurants in all price ranges very close, too. Across the street (and on nearly every block in NYC) is a Starbucks and a Chopt salad place.

AMENITIES: We did make use of the pool - it was highly chlorinated - but we have a salt water pool at home so we're sensitive to "public" pools. The view is beautiful at the top, though...well worth a trip even if you don't take advantage of the pool! There's a barber shop if you need a haircut. Our room had a big tv that swiveled either towards the king bed or sitting area/sofa bed area. The fridge is stocked full of alcohol. I wish hotels would quit this--I'd much rather have a fridge for a small yogurt and/or cold waters that I bought. The bathroom is a good size--note that our Jr Suite only had a shower--perfect for my family, but perhaps not so for those with small children who like to bathe in a tub. The king bed was very comfy--can't say that was the case for the sofa bed, but I've never seen a comfy sofa bed in a hotel! Our room was quiet as well.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely - and we will be in a few months to see family again who live in the Upper West side. The only other hotel that I think we might switch to is the Quin Hotel- but there's no pool and for the same price can only get a room w. 2 queen beds...

Room Tip: Tower rooms cost more - but you can enjoy their view by going to rooftop of pool instead....we were...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear nbm5b,

Thank you so much for your very in-depth and thoughtful review! I'm so glad that we were a good fit for you and your family. Like you mentioned, our Jr. Suites really are a great option for families and while most of them have large walk-in showers, we also have several with shower/bathtub combos for guests that prefer to take baths. As we don't have very many of them, guests who'd like one should contact us before they arrive so we can set one aside for them. Our Jr. Suites have a fully stocked minibar as you noted, but we also have small refrigerators (and microwaves) that we can place in guest rooms upon request for personal items. Just let us know! You should definitely try out the coffee in Knave next time you're here. Also, if you're a smoothie fan, there's a great juice bar called Le Petit Bluedog Cafe in The Underground (near Gravity) that serves amazing smoothies that are much healthier than the ones you'll find at the big chain place on the corner.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We love everything about this place. From the unmatched view from the roof, to the pool, the location, and ofcourse the burger joint, this place has now been the hotel we stay at in nyc for 5 straight summers!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear jRa623,

Thanks very much for the nice review. I'm thrilled that you've chosen to stay with us the past five summers! We appreciate your loyalty. See you next year for summer number six!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

There are some amazing people who work at this hotel. Several hours after we checked out last week-end my daughter realized her wallet was still in the room safe. That's enough to create a crisis but we left the safe open after what we thought was carefully checking the room. Trying to control the panic in my voice I called the hotel, asked for security, explained the situation to the security officer and held my breath, preparing for the worst. To my surprise the security officer said the wallet had been turned in, provided the 'log number' and instructions to retrieve the wallet. Hotel security also sent me an email prior to my call saying they had my daughter's wallet and asking that I call.
The wallet was returned intact. Wow!
I assume the Housekeeper Angel found the wallet and called security. I don't have the name of the Housekeeper Angel who found the wallet, the security officer who I spoke with or anyone else involved but I do want to express my sincere appreciation to everyone involved. Thank you so very much.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I previously reviewed this hotel and noted it had pros and cons. I've returned since and an updating my review. The lobby is very very nice. The staff is very professional and helpful. Rooms are very nicely appointed. Rooftop pool (indoor) is small but pool area has very nice views and there is also an outdoor sundeck. The platnium breakfast is a certificate for a pastry and coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the Knave (coffee bar by day, bar by night) - there are multiple pastry choices - ask the barista or waitress. Moonshine bath products are in larger than the usual hotel size bottles - 3 ounces. The bath products have a fairly strong distinctive smell - I thought it was fine, but those with fragrance sensitivities might have issues. Very good location near to multiple subways, theaters, central park, times square, columbus square. Wifi normally bears a charge but is free for those with starwood status -- however, wifi was slow and often had connectivity issues during our stay.

Room Tip: There are two sets of elevators, one serving floors through 22 and one for 22 and higher. If you pl...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Le Parker Meridien New York? Share your experiences!