“Good experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #158 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Austin, Texas
“Good experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We thought our room ( a jr suite on floor 36) was nice and clean. But for November in NYC, the room was too warm. The thermostat cannot be controlled by you. It's either hotel-wide heat or A/C. The room service food is outstanding. The burger joint however was far from "the best burger in NYC". The Concierge desk was not as helpful as one would expect in a place like this. I asked how I could print something and the gentleman could only hand me a business card and told me to email it to him and he would try and print it for me. Really? Then I later discovered they had a business center where guests could use computers to do business. How did he not know this? Also signage is not very obvious when trying to find your way in the lobby. Overall it's a nice enough place and a great location.

Room Tip: Rooms by the elevators on city view side have poor views. Need to be further down the hallways to re...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Free2020,

Thanks for the review and your visit. While I am glad your experience was "good" I wish it had been better. I appreciate the feedback. Please note that while the concierge should have offered information about the business center as well, I believe the individual simply was trying to offer you a free alternative to the business center. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. P.S. We are usually quite good at modifying an individual room to meet an guest's preference. Next time, just give us a call.

Have a good one!

Director of Guest Communication

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Indonesian first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

staff extremely nice and helpful; room efficient, clean, and modern; excellent shampoo, etc.; iron and ironing board ... plus wifi; didn't hear a sound all night; all in all, a very comfortable, enjoyable stay for me.

Room Tip: I've stayed in this hotel numerous times and have never had a bad room, so take whatever room is...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Alex G,

Our job is to make sure you are comfortable and happy when you stay with us. I'm very glad to read that we succeeded! Thanks for the nice review.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Great hotel in Midtown. Lovely big rooms, which makes a change for NYC, views of Central Park and fab facilities under one roof (gym, nail bar, blow dry bar, heated rooftop pool). Great breakfast at Norma's too. Will definitely stay again.

Dear holibopsLondon,

I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed the extra space and your time with us! Next time you're here, be sure to check out Moonshine Spa for a relaxing massage or facial.

We look forward to seeing you here in New York again soon!

Salisbury, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here for my second time. Service was fantastic....they went above and beyond. Heat in the room was oppresive...one call to the front desk and they were there in minutes fixing it. Large rooms with great views. Cheese and fruit platter with thank you note in our room the first evening. Travelled with two tweens and felt safe letting them explore the hotel on their on and was thankfull for the extra space. In a very safe neighborhood near Central park but walking distance to most attractions. I have finally found the best hotel in NYC that meets all my needs. Extra pillows,towels any request we asked for was immediately met.

Room Tip: Tower rooms and corner suites
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear vtfarmwife,

Thanks for the nice review. I'm glad we were such a good fit for you and your family. We can't wait to have you as our guests again.

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My family and I always stay here for our trips to New York City. Since 2003, we have loved seeing Maurice and the other bellman welcome us to what we like to call our "home away from home".

From the moment we walked in, a "New York" feeling Purveys throughout. The lobby is a great mixture of contemporary and classic feels from the cathedral ceilings and pillars to the sheik front desk and mirrors hallway. Once in the elevator, the kids always love watching the cartoons and celebrating their time at the hotel. The barbershop, hairdresser and restaurants give it a bustling feel like but not too much.

The rooms are spacious and modern and, what some may call, stark, but totally awesome and modern. We always get a tower room looking over the park and it's the best view. Excluding the pool view which cannot be described.

Norma's is fantastic and the burger joint is to die for. Being a starwood member, we always try to stay at their hotels and this is by far the best. After finding it in 2003, we've ever wanted to stay anywhere else and never will. It's location, atmosphere and service are amazing and everyone should stay here if possible. In fact, we may be coming back in December for a football game and will be staying at le parker meridien. Looking forward to it!

Stayed November 2013
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Bobbyleggs,

Thanks so much for your kind words about Maurice and for your loyalty! Psst... we like you too! Please feel free to reach out to me if there's anything you need for your December visit.

See you soon!

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

One of my favorite hotels in NY it's got a nice Upper West Side feel. Close to Central Park with nice Central Park views on the higher floors. Most chic hotels (such as the W's) have tiny rooms in NY, but the rooms here are reasonably large and the bathroom was normal hotel sized.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here Friday to Monday on veterans day weekend. Great value, great location, superb service. Bellman Maurice was of great help. I highly recommend the hotel. Rooms were decent size. That's saying a lot since every hotel in NYC, the rooms are generally smaller than what you're used to. I highly recommend them. I am planning a trip for next month to nyc again and you bet I'm looking at them.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Le Parker Meridien New York? Share your experiences!