“Our new favorite hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #160 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Franklin
“Our new favorite hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Comfortable rooms, professional staff, close to Central Park, Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall. A pleasant stay, great location. This will be our destination hotel for future trips to NYC. Beds are comfortable and rooms are relatively quiet. 'City View' was disappointing but that is our only complaint and not a show stopper for return stays.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Indonesian first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at Le Parker Meridien at the end of April 2013 for two nights. This was probably my fifth or sixth visit to the hotel. As always, it was a very pleasant stay. Checkin was accomplished in two minutes and went flawlessly. I was given a nice room on the 16th floor facing 56th Street. The room was spotless and quite large, especially for a New York hotel. Everything (lights, TV, clock, blinds, etc.) worked as they should. Very comfortable bed, nice furniture, plenty of outlets for gadgets.
I love the location of Le Parker Meridien. Being close to Central Park is a real bonus, but you can walk just about anywhere in mid-town Manhattan in 10 or 15 minutes. The hotel is also close to the F line (half a block) the N-Q-R lines (block and a half) and the 1-A-B-C-D lines (Columbus Circle, 5 minute walk). There are plenty of cabs around the hotel too if you don't like the MTA.
As always, the staff at Le Parker Meridien is what really makes the difference. Everyone is friendly and eager to help. Anyone who has the fear that New Yorkers are all rude and surly will be pleasantly surprised by the staff at Le Parker Meridien.
I did not eat at the hotel but I did enjoy drinks in the lobby bar, a space that manages to be both majestic and cosy at the same time.
The only disappointment was the disappearance of the armchairs in the lobby, replaced by uncomfortable stone benches. Other than that, "tout etait magnifique"

Room Tip: The higher up you are the less street noise you will hear. Avoid rooms ending in 16, near the ice ma...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear workadaddy,

I am positively thrilled that you spend your time with us. We like you too! I hope you will take a moment to introduce yourself next visit.

Saint Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Le Parker Meridien is an oasis in mid-town Manhattan. Friendly staff combined with a nice property makes for a nice place to stay in NY. Rooms can be pricey but shop around and find a good rate, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: You HAVE to have breakfast at Norma's. Pricey but a true experience.
Dear KC C,

We appreciate your review and your visit. Both the hotel and NORMA'S look forward to welcoming you back soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I had high hopes for Le Parker Meridien, but it is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. And I payed $500 a night for two twin beds.

- First, the service at the front desk AND through the phone lines is truly awful. They are rude to guests and unaccommodating, like we are annoying to them. Much worse than at hotels supposedly lower tier than the Meridien. On service alone would not come back. My company is a frequent user of hotels in NY. Will make sure we do not stay here again.

- You cannot adjust the heat in your room. It's one temperature for the entire building (what is this, the 1920s?). If you're cold but they only have air conditioning, that's all you get. The temperature adjustments are fake.

- the Internet is $16 and HORRIBLE. Doesn't work for most of the sites

- there are no black out curtains. At 5am sunlight was pouring into my room.

- Food was better than average for a hotel. However, not enough to make me want to stay here ever again.

Worst value for a hotel. I travel 48 weeks out of the year for work and am a Starwood platinum member with a personal Ambassador. I've stayed at many Starwood hotels and this one is the worst.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Wangsar,

Thank you for your visit and taking the time to share your feedback regarding our hotel. I am disappointed to read you were underwhelmed by the service level as well as various aspects of your stay. I have shared your review with the front office and telecommunications departments. They will be addressing their staff to ensure our service is always at its highest.

I am puzzled by some of your observations as they are contrary to what we know, such as the blackout shades which are behind the sheers in every room. I sincerely apologize you were not able to fully enjoy your stay. Internet is included in the daily facility fee and as such no internet charges were billed to your final account. Your reservation was made for a room with two over-sized twins. I apologize if this was not as you intended. Typically we do arrange for Junior suite upgrades for our Platinum guests, I regret one was not available this stay. Although I can no longer correct the issues of your stay, it is important to us that we repair the damage created by this impression.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further should you be willing. I can be reached at guestrelations@parkermeridien.com

Regards,

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed at Le Parker Meridien. The location can't be beat- a short walk to Central Park, shopping and restaurants. The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I love the gym! I appreciate the variety of machines and equipment. I think the rooms are pretty spacious for NYC. The bedding is super comfy. I look forward to staying here again.

Dear happylittlebuddha,

Your review makes us very happy! Thanks for your comments and your visits. We hope to see you again soon. If I can be of assistance at any points, just let me know.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

As I was in town for the NFL Draft -- I noticed there is so much construction in midtown these days. So when looking for the hotel it actually located between Avenue of America and 61/2 Avenue (yes this is a new street). There is no name on the hotel -- Keep an eye out for the four flags and DRY BAR as well as valet attendants dressed in grey.

I must admit the valet attendants are a little sluggish in offering assistance. However, once inside the service is magnificent in every inch of the hotel. From check in to check out everyone was wonderful.

Andrew at the front desk was very accommodating and give us a room in town on the 33rd Floor. The room was great and everything was in working order. We had a great view and everyone we encountered during our stay had a polite disposition from the Bellman, Concierge, Lobby Bar, and restaurant.

Room Tip: 3308 was great for two friends staying together for the weekend.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Roswell, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I visited NYC for the first time this past New Years, we wanted to be as close as possible to TImes Square but didn't want to spend over $2500 for a quality trip. This hotel was in an awesome area, just a couple blocks away from Central Park, Times Square and Radio City where we had a concert booked. The Burger Joint in the lobby of the hotel was the best! The room service was extremely expensive and there was even a charge to use the fitness center and pool. Overall, it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Parker Meridien New York? Share your experiences!