“NYC with my son” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #143 of 451 hotels in New York City
Baltimore, Maryland
“NYC with my son”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This my 3rd stay at Le Parker Meridien, out of many, many visits to NYC. By far the best property in midtown with exceptional service all around, fantastic, atypical "burger joint," tremendous views from top floor pool, and extremely comfortable, spacious, clean rooms and suites. I compare everything to this property. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: If there are specials available for the junior suites, these are great if you have kids/teens with y...

3,511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Before I begin I have to tip my hat to the Revenue Manager at this hotel. Her name is Paola Betteta! This trip was a surprise birthday trip for my wife. I was looking for different hotels in NYC in Manhattan at a fair price for this occasion. I looked at the Meridien site and sent in a question about rates to a generic mailbox. Within hours Paola answered my email and setup a reservation for me. I explained to her that this was a special occasion and no matter what questions I had for her, she had an answer and offered many suggestions. I sent many emails to her and none of them went unanswered. There were other hotels that answered me back, but not till 2 or three days later. Paola was the reason i choose this hotel. Her service was outstanding and it was a pleasure working with her. This was even the case on the day of arrival. Our initial flight was canceled which meant instead of arriving in NYC at 2:00 PM we wouldn't arrive till 9:00 PM and not arrive to the hotel till 10:00. I had setup in advance for an anemity basket to be delivered to the room upon check-in. Well, with not getting there till 10:00 that screwed up the plans. i called Paola and she told me it would be no problem. When we arrived later that night the basket was already in the room still fresh and set up nicely! Thank you for all of your help Paola, it was defitely a pleasure working with you. Even though the hotel had 1000's of guests with stories of their own you made me feel like mine was important and mattered and I truly appreciate that.

The hotel was great! Our room was spacious and we had a fantastic view of Central Park! We arrived late on our first day, and were hungry because of traveling. The hotel has a Burger joint off the lobby that was still open. It was very good and took some of the pain of the late arrival off. The bar off the lobby is also nice. When we arrived the gentlemen checking us in wished my wife a Happy Birthday which was a nice touch. The lobby, elevators, and hallways were all clean and well maintained. Our room was very nice. I only wish that there had been a fridge and micro in the room, but that wasn't a deal breaker. we also loved the location of the hotel. We were 2 blocks from Central Park, and walking distance from Trump Tower, Times Square, the Theater District, the Empire State Building, and Rockafeller Center. Cabs are plentiful out front for attractions not within walking distance. There are quite a few different restaurants around the hotel and it is also right on the same block as Carnegie Hall. I really can't think of anything that ws missing that i just couldn't do without. When we come back to New York I will definitely work with Paola again and stay at the Le Parker Meridien!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The location is unbeatable, between the Central Park and the Times Square, surrounded by eateries, convenient stores, and shops. The Burger Joint was a nice surprise in a hotel with a grand lobby. The room was huge with a wall-to-wall window and big mirrors. Great to start a day with an early morning swim in the pool on the 42nd floor, overlooking the park. The only drawback was the weak wifi signal in my room. I couldn't get onto wifi during the first two days. Finally, on the last night, it was fixed after a visit by hotel tech support.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Love the warm reception we always get at LPM. From the helpful front desk staff to the concierges to the cleaners, each person makes us feel that this is our NYC "home." We love the roomy junior suite with the walk-in shower. The lobby bar is a great place to relax and drink a macchiato. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Le Parker Meridien New York, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear BabsyVA,

Thank you for you most recent visit! We are always thrilled to welcome back loyal guests to our beloved city. We look forward to your next visit. If I can be of assistance, just let me know know.

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The front desk staff were very efficient, polite, and capable. The room was incredible! Housekeeping staff were efficient. The pool at the penthouse, you have to check it out as it has an incredible view of the city. There is a good variety of eating places nearby, and everything is walking distance including subway stations. All in all, our stay at the Meridien was a 10. (Although the hotel is a bit pricey, I thought that it was well earned)

Dear Malou H,

Thank you for your kind words. We hope to be a regular part of your travels. Next visit, stop by to chat with our concierge... they'll have tons of great ideas for dining around town.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We've just got back from staying at this hotel for 3 nights.

The hotel is clean and modern yet the lobby is quite magnificent with huge marble arches and steel gates.

We were able to check in early which was nice, we were on floor 7. Our floor didnt have such great views but we weren't able to pay what others might have done to get a park view.

The pool is deep and has great views of the park, shame that for the privilege you have to pay $10 a day. We did make use of the wifi that was included in this price though.

The location is quite convenient, only a short walk to Times Square without the hustle n bustle.

Would definitely recommend

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Sophiemon,

Thank you for the recommending us. We are glad to know you had a great visit. The views from the pool are amazing, I hope you also checked out our 15,000 sq foot gym... also included in the facility fee. We hope to see you again soon.

guestrelations@parkermeridien.com
Oak Hill, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Quick weekend stay with bride and baby daughter. Crib was there right on schedule, bell staff super helpful. Been there many times, the lobby bar is so sophisticated yet fun - great energy. The gym is the best in the city for any hotel - and rivals most private gyms. Very European - great shower. We always get a junior suite - worth the few extra dollars and the rooms are very spacious. Cannot recommend more highly!

Room Tip: Get the junior suite - worth it.
Dear LuckyJEDI (and family),

Welcome back and congratulations on the growing family... it's wonderful to see our guests' lives grow richer. Whether it's a birthday, anniversary, birth or celebration of any sort, we love be part of these moments. See you again soon.

Have a Lucky One!

Director of Guest Relations

Been to Le Parker Meridien New York? Share your experiences!