This hotel had a great location as most sight seeing things were able to be done by foot or from Grand central Terminal ( 5 mins walk) Rooms were reasonably large and clean but bathrooms tiny although functionable.
Front desk staff very offhand but we found that was the New York manner generally. Locals were more helpful when we had problems with Metro tickets.
The lobby area was very impressive with lovely sofas and terrific lily floral arrangements . Never ate in the restaurants as the water in the mini bar was $7 yet only $1 in the Duane Reade across the road !!!!
We would use this hotel again because of its fantastic location but prepare yourself for dining out and use of the local delis !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental New York Barclay is currently under renovation. The entire building is being refurbished and will reopen by fall 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental New York Barclay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental New York Barclay Hotel New York City
- Intercontinental New York City
- Intercontinental Barclay New York
- New York City Intercontinental
- Barclay New York
- Barclay Hotel New York
- Intercontinental Barclay Hotel New York