“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New York Barclay

You added InterContinental New York Barclay to your Saves list
InterContinental New York Barclay
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 East 48th Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #201 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
new hampshire
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2004

Just returned from our stay in NYC. The Barclay was great - clean, elegant, nice size room, pleasant staff. The hotel is within walking distance of Rockefeller Plaza and Times Square/theater district...the subway is close as well...only problem is they charged me twice and it took over a week to resolve..

• Stayed July 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
Reading, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2004

Hotel is an excellent location for tourists. We stayed 9 nights 7/25 - 8/3 which was still exhausting because of high temperatures and humidity. Room was good size for 2 adults and our 16yr old. Even though we were offered an upgrage we didn't take it as our son would have a pull down bed instead of his double. Very clean with turn down and light on late evening - a nice welcome after a hard day shopping and sight seeing! Staff friendly. Air con v. good. Hot water on tap always, no need to take your hair dryer. Only one bathrobe provided but message left was acted on with no problem. No need to touch mini bar, prices over the top. Longwood Deli convenienently located across the road. Clean with lovely fresh food. Would visit Barclay again given a chance!

• Stayed July 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2004

My girlfriend and I stayed for a week, at the Barclay. It was our first time in NY and we had a great time. The room was nice and big, great entertainment system, wonderful large bed and fabulous roomservice.

There is no dobt we'll stay at the Barclay the next time we come to NY.

Cayman Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2004

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Intercontinental for a weekend in June 2004. We booked it through Hotwire and I have to admit that I was nervous about what to expect. I shouldn’t have worried at all. This hotel is classy. The location is fantastic I loved everything about it – especially the bed. Oh my God where did they get that bed from?!!! When you check in you should ask for them to bring bathrobes up to your room – they’ll have no problem with it whatsoever.

All in all, this is a great hotel and there isn’t anything bad that I could say about it!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2004

stayed at the barclay the week of july 3. great location within walking distance to sites, subway and the world's greatest fireworks show at the East River. Staff was excellant!! Did not want our vacation to end. Rooms were large and comfortable. Ready to go back

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2004

Pros: beautiful lobby and rooms, good location, friendly staff, reasonable ($130 on Priceline.com)
Cons: noisy rooms (could hear normal conversation in next room and hallway), small bathroom, no view, no express check-out (had to wait 15 minutes)
Conclusion: will not stay here again due to noise level; too bad, otherwise it's a nice place; stay here only if you're a sound sleeper

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2004

I travel alot and my company pays my hotel stays in first rate hotels. I booked my vacation at the Intercontinental as it was MY money that was paying for the stay. I was treated like a king. Phenom room, even better service. Room was looked in on and spiffed up three times a day. Well worth the money even if it was $300 a night. Trust me. Book this place on their website and laugh at your Waldorf Astoria neighbors next door...

Been to InterContinental New York Barclay? Share your experiences!