Recently spent six day's at the Intercontinental Barclay. On entering the foyer it's very impressive and felt light and roomy. Check-in was very straight forward, reception staff not the friendliest but efficient all the same. A decent size room maybe a little snug for a family of four two being teenagers. The furniture I felt was a little tired chipped and scratched. The beds were extremely comfortable. Bathroom was a little on the small size,the hairdryer was also located in it which made it difficult when four of us were trying to get ready in the morning. My advice would be to take a separate hairdryer with you. Another thing the room lacked phone sockets. I also found the air conditioning units annoying they were located outside the rooms on the floor where I was stayed, they were very noisy, this bothered me more at night when trying to sleep than traffic noise. Stayed in room 461. Rooms do provide a coffee machine with complimentary coffee but I wouldn't touch the mini bar, the prices were extortionate.
This hotel is in a great location, close to Grand Central Station, Fifth Avenue, The Rockefeller Centre and Time square which are all within easy walking distance.
I would stay here again simply for location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental New York Barclay is currently under renovation. The entire building is being refurbished and will reopen by fall 2015. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental New York Barclay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental New York Barclay Hotel New York City
- Intercontinental New York City
- Intercontinental Barclay New York
- New York City Intercontinental
- Barclay New York
- Barclay Hotel New York
- Intercontinental Barclay Hotel New York