Recently spent six day's at the Intercontinental Barclay. On entering the foyer it's very impressive and felt light and roomy. Check-in was very straight forward, reception staff not the friendliest but efficient all the same. A decent size room maybe a little snug for a family of four two being teenagers. The furniture I felt was a little tired chipped and scratched. The beds were extremely comfortable. Bathroom was a little on the small size,the hairdryer was also located in it which made it difficult when four of us were trying to get ready in the morning. My advice would be to take a separate hairdryer with you. Another thing the room lacked phone sockets. I also found the air conditioning units annoying they were located outside the rooms on the floor where I was stayed, they were very noisy, this bothered me more at night when trying to sleep than traffic noise. Stayed in room 461. Rooms do provide a coffee machine with complimentary coffee but I wouldn't touch the mini bar, the prices were extortionate.
This hotel is in a great location, close to Grand Central Station, Fifth Avenue, The Rockefeller Centre and Time square which are all within easy walking distance.
I would stay here again simply for location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true heritage hotel, with its 1920-30's decor and stunning lobby, that welcomes guests with residential warmth and luxury. In the heart of Midtown East, The New York Barclay' s perfect location gives you access to must-see visitor attractions including Rockefeller Center, Carnegie Hall, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Times Square and Central Park. With Grand Central Terminal a few blocks away along Lexington Avenue. The New York Barclay offers great flexibility for moving about the city and beyond. In-house services services are ever present with a refined and unique organic restaurant and incredible Concierge ready to help you plan your visits. Wi-Fi provided for free for our IHG members (free enrollment online or at Check-in time)! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your InterContinental New York Barclay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental New York Barclay Hotel New York City
- Intercontinental New York City
- Intercontinental Barclay New York
- New York City Intercontinental
- Barclay New York
- Barclay Hotel New York
- Intercontinental Barclay Hotel New York