I am sure there are other hotels in this price range but likely not just a few blocks from everything you want to see.
Room size is very good for a couple like the duchess and I. We could spread out and we didn't feel cramped. Bathroom (with tub) was also very good. One of my major complaints at most hotels is the TV reception - well this location was perfect...and on a good size TV. We arrived very early and still got in a room!!! The place is clean and friendly and in a good part of town - felt safe the entire time in the neighbourhood. The coffee was very good and fresh at all times of day. Must also comment on the bellman...he hooked us up with a private car for the run back to the airport in Newark...excellent.
- only two elevators for the entire hotel.
- the free cookies were just a rumour.
- they say breakfast is included but we couldn't get close to it...we ate at a diner across the street because of the crowd and line-up. Spent an extra $100 for the week.
- room temp way too high and thermostat did nothing to control it.
- no exhaust fan in the bathroom.
- pillows offer zero neck support.
- I came away with a sore back which was a real surprise.
- I visited the front desk three times in one day to get our room key re-programmed.
Sorry to report that the disappointments outweigh the positives. The staff were awesome but the building and advertised amenities are not.
When you add in what we had to spend on breakfast to the rate we paid it opens up many other possibilities in even better locations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including daily hot breakfast, Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hampton Inn® Manhattan Times Square North is a newly renovated, contemporary hotel with ideal Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, The Museum of Modern Art, Carnegie Hall and Restaurant Row. Located on Eighth Avenue at 51st Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is surrounded by many restaurants, lively nightlife, shopping and New York City’s best sightseeing. The hotel is close to all major subway lines, a few blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 300 oversized, modern guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, lap desk, large work desk with ergonomic chair and Cloud Nine, the Hampton Bed Experience. COMPLIMENTARY, HOT BREAKFAST is offered daily to each guest plus On the Run Breakfast Bags™ are available from the front desk Monday through Friday, for guests who are “on-the-go.” Additional complimentary amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, coffee and tea in the lobby 24 hours per day, local telephone calls from guestroom and complimentary USA Today® (Monday through Friday). Hampton Inn® Manhattan Times Square North also has a gift shop and full-service Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk onsite. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Valet parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Hampton Inn Times Square North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hampton Inn Times Square North Hotel New York City
- Hampton Inn Manhattan
- Hampton Inn New York City
- Hampton Inn Times Square North
- New York City Hampton Inn