My wife and I, 72 and 74 respectively,spent 3 nights at this hotel. We had reviewed the comments on many hotels in the Midtown area and this one seemed to meet our needs.We emailed the manager, Martyn Reed, and told him that we were on our first visit to NYC and that the trip was to celebrate our 53rd anniversary.We asked for a nice room and said we'd be arriving quite late;he'd emailed back to say all was arranged and he'd earmark a good room for us. Our flight was delayed some 5 hours and we didn't get to the hotel until nearly 11pm NYC time (4am body clock time) ;nevertheless, the room was waiting for us and the duty managerJonathan Tejada,and the reception lady, both greeted us enthusiastically and both, independently, congratulated us on our anniversary - clearly the manager had briefed all his staff -we were impressed. In our very nice but slightly dated room, we found a geetings card ,a bottle of wine and chocolates waiting for us!
The hotel is very well located - just a few blocks from Times Sq., Central Park, The Rockerfeller Centre,the Subway and all the 5th Ave. shops; it couldn't be much better located. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and set you up for a days sight-seeing; in addition to the usual cereals, juices,breads,bagels,muffins and pastries,tea, coffee etc., there was always a choice of hot food - porridge, waffles , eggs, omelettes , sausages and bacon plus yoghurts and fresh fruit salad and cold meats and cheeses. Again, it coudn't have been much better.
Alll the staff were very welcoming, courteous and helpful at all times of the day ; we would thoroughly recommend this hotel to all and sundry;you should not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including daily hot breakfast, Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hampton Inn® Manhattan Times Square North is a newly renovated, contemporary hotel with ideal Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, The Museum of Modern Art, Carnegie Hall and Restaurant Row. Located on Eighth Avenue at 51st Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is surrounded by many restaurants, lively nightlife, shopping and New York City’s best sightseeing. The hotel is close to all major subway lines, a few blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 300 oversized, modern guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, lap desk, large work desk with ergonomic chair and Cloud Nine, the Hampton Bed Experience. COMPLIMENTARY, HOT BREAKFAST is offered daily to each guest plus On the Run Breakfast Bags™ are available from the front desk Monday through Friday, for guests who are “on-the-go.” Additional complimentary amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, coffee and tea in the lobby 24 hours per day, local telephone calls from guestroom and complimentary USA Today® (Monday through Friday). Hampton Inn® Manhattan Times Square North also has a gift shop and full-service Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk onsite. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Valet parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Reservation Counter, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Hampton Inn Times Square North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hampton Inn Times Square North Hotel New York City
- Hampton Inn Manhattan
- Hampton Inn New York City
- Hampton Inn Times Square North
- New York City Hampton Inn