“Incorrect booking - but staff quick to correct” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1605 Broadway, 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special New York Savings!
Ranked #145 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Incorrect booking - but staff quick to correct”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Upon arriving at the Crowne Plaza, we were told that our booking could not be satisfied. We had booked a twin room but were instead given a double. This was due to us arriving late in the evening, and although we had called ahead twice previously to say that our flight landed late in the evening, our room was still not available. The lady at check-in was very sympathetic, arranged for a second bed to be moved to our double room for that evening - we also received complimentary breakfast the following morning and were given the price for that night taken off our bill. The hotel itself was fine, with clean rooms and professional service from staff. The breakfast and bar were not cheap - however with the location being in the middle of Times Square, we weren't exactly short of places to go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
amontoya29, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hello Adam,

Let us start by saying thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Times Square! We love knowing that our staff provides superb service for our guests. We apologize for the complications you received but are glad to know that you were properly taken care of. We do offer the Grab-N-Go option for breakfast which offers breakfast items at a reasonable price. Please let us know the next time you travel to New York City! We hope you choose our hotel again!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,015)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

not bad at all ..300 dollars for the night for a family of 4 , that was a thursday night . times square view 42 floor, i liked it .NYC WOO hooo!!!!!. what more can you say slap bang in the middle of all the action! beds not bad not good !

Spindale, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in April 2014. It was AWESOME! We requested a corner room on a high floor and they were more than willing to oblige. The view was INCREDIBLE!!! Looked out right over Times Square. Also the staff there were very knowledgeable and helpful. We checked our bags so we could wait for our room as we walked the city and they delivered them right to the room when we checked in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Dianna,

First, let us start by saying thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Times Square! We love knowing that our staff provides great service! We agree that we have incredible views of the city too. Please, if you plan to travel to New York City again, let us know!

Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here recently on recommendation from a friend and we were delighted. Having read mixed reviews was a bit apprehensive but really enjoyed our stay. We had one of the corner rooms on 32nd floor overlooking Hudson River. Location is perfect. Hotel is very clean. Staff very helpful, and you can buy bagels, fruit, coffee etc for breakfast in the lobby to take to your room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
amontoya29, Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for you lovely feedback! We love knowing the our guests enjoyed their stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our location, cleanliness, staff and ammenities! Please let us know the next time you plan to travel to New York City!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I reserved 2 rooms at the Crowne Plaza Times Square in Jan/14 for an Apr/14 stay and specifically mentioned that I was requesting connecting rooms. When I checked in they told me I had made no such request. I had to show them my printed copy of the reservation. The hotel had not even seen the request in the reservation!!!After that they changed their story and told me the request were offered on an availability basis. They basically made me feel they were doing me a favor by checking if connecting rooms were available. They had me going in to check for 3 days, until day finally told me they had none for the whole week.

Thats the service I got even though I am a Platinum Elite member of the IHG Rewards program, which means I stay at least 60 night a year in a hotel in their chain.

Other issues were:
One day we had to call when we got back to our rooms after 4:00 PM because the rooms were not made!

The Valet/Doorman service is nonexistent to get a taxi. The first few day we wanted a taxi, we were told to go out to Broadway Ave and hail one. Yesterday after check out, my family had to manhandle our 4 suitcases to the sidewalk on Broadway to stop a taxi and put the bags on the trunk. No assistance in sight.

I guess this hotel relies in the famous adage Location, location, location!!! So they don’t have to worry about the quality of service. I have certainly got better service even from a Holiday Inn or even a Holiday Inn Express than from this particular Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: If you decide to book this hotel because of its location, just about its only quality, choose a high...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am disheartened to read about your experience with us. To ensure that you receive a connecting room, you must book our Connecting Room Package, otherwise it is a request and is based upon availability. We strive to provide our guests with the best room accommodations. Your comments are greatly appreciated and have been forwarded over to the appropriate departments to discuss and review. Furthermore, please email me directly because I would like to prevent this from happening again. I would love to discuss any challenges you may have had directly and personally. My email address is alkudrna@cptsnyc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Alexandria Kudrna
Guest Service Manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here as a family of four staying in two rooms from April 6th to April 9th. I asked for a view over Times Square as we were celebrating our sons 21st birthday but we never got this but I wasn't too concerned. The hotels rooms were beautiful and clean and had all the facilities we required for a short stay. The staff were very helpful and polite throughout our stay and we couldn't have asked for a more central location.

We had a connecting room, not with the rest of our party, and was awoken in the middle of the night by ver loud people. It sounded as they were in the same room as us. However a pair of earplugs soon drowned out the noise and back off to sleep I went. Be prepared and take earplugs in case you have noisy neighbours!

However, one thing did spoil our stay. We bought a birthday cake from the Cake Boss Cafe for our sons birthday whilst we were there. We took it back to our sons room and left it there for us to enjoy the next day. When we came back the next day, after our day out, the cake had disappeared!

My husband immediately rang reception and they sent up a member of staff to investigate. After a quick investigation by the hotel staff it was found that the cake had been thrown in the trash by the maid. The staff at the hotel were very apologetic, however my son was quite upset at what had happened and the hotel staff tried their best to make up for what had happened and we did truly appreciate how they tried to rectify this incident.

Having said all that I would certainly come back to this hotel, probably next year, as apart from that incident we could not really fault this hotel at all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate all of your feedback! Let us start by apologizing for your son's cake being discarded. Also, Happy Birthday to him! We strive to provide top service for our guests and it is upsetting when plans do not go accordingly. Please inform us directly the next time you plan to visit New York City. We would love to see you again!

Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stay of 3 nights 4/17-4/19. The location, 48th and Broadway, is simply the perfect home-base for all NYC has to offer. Right in the heart beat of Times Square, the Theatre, and Restaurant Row.

We arrived at 11:00 am and were pleasantly surprised that we could check in to our room. The front desk service was friendly, efficient, and accommodating with brief overview of the hotel and various tools to getting around the city. The recommended app HopStop was a life saver. Thank you, again.

The king room (3624) was clean, updated, and spacious with an excellent view of the Hudson. Great water pressure. I agree with one review that stated that the room was too warm. Our room, read 68 degrees --and that's my comfort zone. This "68 degrees" felt more like 70-72. The thermostat could not be adjusted downward. The bed and pillows made up for this discomfort.

The complimentary breakfast that came with our package was very, very good-- fresh with plenty of options. An excellent way to start our busy day. The lounge was a nice place to unwind with great service.

The hotel is teaming with employees always willing to help whether its getting around the hotel, or the city.

If you have a late flight on check out, luggage storage is available on the lower level by the parking garage.

Overall the hotel is older, but not terribly dated. It is very clean. The elevator is so fast that my ears kept popping--small price to pay if one would have to take the stairs.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are so excited to hear that you received such great service! The location is certainly great for guests who want to be in the middle of Times Square. Our location is ideal and close to all the tourist attractions as well as restaurants and theaters. I am thrilled to know that my team were helpful and at your service. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

All the best,

Hotel Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan? Share your experiences!