“Perfect Location, Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan

You added Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1605 Broadway, 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #147 of 458 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect Location, Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for five nights to enable us to visit the tourist highlights in New York, and the hotel is perfectly positioned. We walked to most of the attractions, and used the many, well located subway stations for those further afield.
The room was big enough and was very comfortable, the bed was extremely comfortable.
Our package included a 'continental' type breakfast in a dining room on the 5th floor, which was enough to get you going in the morning.
The bar area was very nice and quite lively, and offered a varied selection of food.
The staff were all very attentive and helpful, and I have to mention Vicky Martin in particular, who went above and beyond in relation to dealing with a small issue, and really is a credit to the hotel.
One minor criticism, was the fact that there were only bath towels rather than bath sheets.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your candid review. We could not agree more regarding the location. We are in the heart of Manhattan and we get extremely busy with guests and visitors. I am sorry you had problems with your room. I thank you for letting us know. I will meet with my team to properly address the issue. We are currently engaged in a project that is going improve the quality and conditions of our bathrooms. Please come to visit us again and give us a second chance to make your stay more enjoyable.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,124)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
South Windsor, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my experience at the Crowne Plaza from the moment I checked in! Thank you Vicky Martin, for your warm welcome and thank you to all the staff...from the front desk, the concierge, bellman, housekeeping, doormen....all greeted me like family and being a single woman traveler it made me feel safe and cared for. The food was wonderful and the wait staff in the dining room very accommodating, making last minute changes to our meals in a snap! I loved the lobby bar experience, only thing that is curious is the hotel bars now close at 12:30am? I thought this was surprising, however when we came in late the staff took great care of my group and did not rush us out.

I highly recommend a stay at the Crowne Plaza...this will be my hotel of choice when I stay in NYC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Nortern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is in a fantastic location for a first visit to New York or if the theatre district and the buzz of Times Square are what you want. It is a busy hotel with constant comings and goings at every hour, meaning the concierge was almost always busy and any query involved a lengthy wait. The rooms were a bit tired with cracks in the surface of the bath/shower and in the sealant around the bath. The restaurant and bar were expensive, but good. Glad we stayed here but would have liked to see a little more care taken of the rooms, particularly the bathrooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days in April. It was the first time we'd taken the children to NY and the location could not have been better. The staff, the rooms and the hotel in general were great. I could not fault it at all really except to say that the rooms were on the small side but that is the case with most rooms in NY.

Overall - a great hotel in an awesome location.

• Stayed April 2013
CPTimesSquare, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your fabulous review! I am thrilled that your children had a great time here in Times Square! We hope to welcoming you back here very soon!

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel, 4 years earlier and was really impressed then. This time around, I was keen to see if it had stood the test of time. I was accompanied by my 73 year old mother (on her first trip to America) and my soon to be 18 year old niece (her first trip also). I'm very pleased to say that the hotel didn't disappoint. The hotel is in a fantastic location (albeit expensive) but that's to be expected when you're staying in the heart of this wonderful city. The staff were fabulous, especially Alvaro, who provided outstanding room service. The only downside this time was that the bathroom was beginning to show signs of 'wear and tear'. Apart from that we had an amazing holiday. Will definitely be back to stay in the Crowne Plaza, for a third time!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I am so happy that we have stood the test of time! That just shows how much we value our guests! We are currently undergoing a project to enhance the appearance and quality of our bathrooms! For your third stay with us I am confident that everything will go flawlessly as well!

Tel Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for many years - both for business and pleasure. The hotel has gone through a major renovation a few years ago, and the business lounge has gone down from the 46th floor to the first floor. But the basics have not changed - the room and breakfast are great, the location outstanding for those who have limited time to get to the basic NYC stores for some quick shopping and breath of NYC air. Above all, year after year, I get to meet Vicky (Victoria) at the front desk. She is such a great asset for the hotel - has been at the front desk for years, always smiling, always helpful. As opposed to colleagues at different hotels (and several at the Crowne Plaza), the fact that I may count on her being there and helping out always tips the deliberation between hotels towards the Crowne Plaza. Truly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and recommendation of our hotel! I would also like to thank you for your continued business at our hotel! It is our goal to make sure every guest wants to come back to our hotel for multiple visits! I am thrilled that you enjoy yourself while staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I took our first trip to NY. We truly wanted to make it extra special, for that reason, we booked what we believed to be the very best that Time Square had to offer. Upon arriving at the Crown Plaza Time Square, three ladies at the front desk by the names of Brunilda, Edith and Milha went to great length to make us feel like VIP's. They went as far as sending us a welcome basket of fruits, cheese and wine to the room, which was beautiful

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your fabulous review! All three ladies are thrilled that they were able to provide excellent VIP service for you and your girlfriend! We look forward to welcoming you for your second trip to NYC!

Hotel Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan? Share your experiences!