Booked this hotel because of its location in Times Square and mention that it had been renovated.
The hotel is in a perfect location for walking to many popular attractions in New York. Just step out the door and you're in the heart of Times Square with restaurants and shopping all around. You can also walk to almost any Broadway show from here. Getting here is a breeze from the airports and there are cabs and buses available at all hours.
The hotel lobby looks fairly modern and has a great view of Times Square. However, the renovation must have been a while ago because the hotel has seen better days. The carpet is dingy, the paint peeling in some areas of the room, the repainted tub is peeling also. There is no air conditioning in the winter months and the room can get quite stuffy without opening the window which also lets in the street noise. There is no water pressure at all from the shower head and the water barely trickles out. The bedding is fairly clean looking and there is a flat screen TV in the room. As in most hotels, the prices of the items on the room service menu are ridiculous. A "bowl" of chili was $11. and was approximately 2-3 oz. There is a coke machine near the ice machine that sells sodas for $3.00 per bottle. The person at the desk was cold/rude and seemed uninterested in the hotel guests. After staying at this hotel and reading the reviews previously posted, I fully believe that the reviews commending the hotel staff were written by the staff members themselves. Only one staff member went out of their way to help us and that was the bellman named Jim who got us a cab to take us to the airport later in the day. He truly seemed to want to help and make our stay less stressful.
We have stayed in many hotels of all price ranges and this is one of the lesser quality hotels I have seen as far as room quality. If you can book this hotel under $200. it is probably a decent value because of the central location. Anything over that is too much in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Times Square, always New York's most exciting scene, seems all new now that the Crowne Plaza Times Square has reinvented itself. Come check out our $85 million re-invention, and see for yourself how modern design can provide a whole new kind of comfort. Enjoy one of our 795 well-appointed guest rooms outfitted with fresh contemporary accents and plush Sleep Advantage beds. Every room offers breathtaking views of Times Square, the famous Manhattan skyline or the Hudson River, unique among hotels in Times Square. Relax in our sleek lobby lounge, or have an evening cocktail in Broadway 49 Bar. Delight in a new spin on New American Eclectic cuisine at Brasserie 1605, one of the most exciting Times Square restaurants. With options like these, it's no wonder that New York seems so new. If you ve come for a meeting, you ll benefit from the new tech-friendly environment. If you re here for an event, you ll revel in the open space and atmospheric lighting, and when you walk through our front door, you step onto Broadway dazzling lights, world-class entertainment and urban energy. That's how Crowne Plaza Times Square is keeping New York new for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Manhattan
- Crowne Plaza New York City