“Great Location!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt New York

You added Grand Hyatt New York to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   109 East 42nd Street, Park Avenue at Grand Central Terminal, New York City, NY 10017 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #277 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Location!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt mid-December 2013. The location adjacent to Grand Central Station was very convenient. Check-in was easy with an express kiosk and a friendly staff member who helped me out with that. Room was small but adequate. I chose to upgrade to the "Grand Club" level so we could grab a quick breakfast or snack. While the club room itself was pretty nice, the food and service were lacking. First, there is apparently a special color room key that indicates club access. I was given the wrong color key at check in and the attendant questioned me when I entered the club. The evening snacks are supposed to be out from 5-8 PM, however, at 6:45 when I got to the club room there was almost nothing left, and it was not replenished. The guys who were supposed to be working were pre-occupied watching a boxing match on one of the club TV's, maybe that's why they didn't replenish the food? There was a line of people waiting to get in for breakfast one day, when I asked if I could come in and take a cup of coffee to go, the attendant looked inside, then responded that I could, but then I had to leave (which I understood because of the line.) Overall the attendants at the club room seemed annoyed that guests were there. Unlike the club room attendants, the servers in the bar downstairs were very friendly, professional, and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (805)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights while we toured New York in December 2013. The hotel was always very clean, the room was great, and rather large by NYC standards. Any of the staff we spoke with were very nice, and the lobby was beautiful. The hotel is right next to Grand Central which makes it ideal to take the subway around town. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Depending on your location preferences and price point this is a solid choice for midtown Manhattan. Stayed here twice recently and both times it was solid. Check in was quick and the last room I had was actually very nice and spacious. I remember thinking how quiet it was when I went to sleep but at about 4:30am the local deliveries began and my theory about having a "quiet" room was no longer valid. Gotta love the Big Apple!

Stellenbosch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We spent 8 days in NYC . The Grand Hyatt is ideally situated for sight seeing , shopping and getting to restaurants. We had access to the club lounge where the breakfasts and eats and drinks at night were really good . We had a room on the 37th floor and getting an elevator in the "rush hour" in the morning and evening was challenge. Service was good, room well appointed but air conditioning very noisy.

Room Tip: Select a room below the 34th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. Rooms were spacious and clean. The location was fantastic. No view but you are at the heart of it all. Food was also very good.

Check in and check out was a breeze and staff was curteous.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had to book 2 separate reservations because the hotel would not allow me to extend my stay at the group rate. Fine. But they did not even have the capability to make that a seamless endeavor for me. When I arrived, I was told my King room was not available for my entire stay. I had to settle for a crappy room with 2 double beds. Then when my group rate ended, I went to my room and discovered my key no longer worked. I had to trudge back down to the lobby, wait in line, and get replacement keys. When I got back into my room, room service had not been there. They showed up as I was getting ready for dinner. The room contained ABSOLUTELY NO AMENITIES. No bottled water, no mini bar, worn and dingy towels, cheap soaps and lotions, no robes... I will NOT stay here again. Not even for the same conference that, regrettably, is being held in this same crappy hotel again next year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GrandHyatt_NY_Mgmt, Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
DebBKT,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at Grand Hyatt New York. I sincerely apologize about the room mixup and the inconvenience it caused you. We pay very close attention to our online reviews so we can address any issues and improve moving forward. Please know that I will pass along your comments to our management staff as we continue to evaluate and evolve our amenity offerings in all guest rooms.

We do hope for a chance to redeem ourselves when you visit our hotel for your conference next year. We will make certain that your accommodations are top notch and the same issues don’t arise. Please reach out to socialnycgh@hyatt.com and we will make sure of it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our stay at the Grand Hyatt in NYC was smooth, clean, quiet, and pleasant in every way. It is such a great place to stay since it is located adjacent to Grand Central Station and the subway system. There are many restaurants of all types close by, and the Express Bus from Newark Airport stops a block away. The staff we had contact with were all very nice and very helpful and made us feel "at home".

Room Tip: We have either been lucky or there are no bad rooms. We have stayed at this hotel 3 times and have n...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hyatt New York? Share your experiences!