“Great location and very clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt New York

You added Grand Hyatt New York to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   109 East 42nd Street, Park Avenue at Grand Central Terminal, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
A Suite Deal!
Ranked #265 of 455 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal
“Great location and very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights while we toured New York in December 2013. The hotel was always very clean, the room was great, and rather large by NYC standards. Any of the staff we spoke with were very nice, and the lobby was beautiful. The hotel is right next to Grand Central which makes it ideal to take the subway around town. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Depending on your location preferences and price point this is a solid choice for midtown Manhattan. Stayed here twice recently and both times it was solid. Check in was quick and the last room I had was actually very nice and spacious. I remember thinking how quiet it was when I went to sleep but at about 4:30am the local deliveries began and my theory about having a "quiet" room was no longer valid. Gotta love the Big Apple!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Stellenbosch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We spent 8 days in NYC . The Grand Hyatt is ideally situated for sight seeing , shopping and getting to restaurants. We had access to the club lounge where the breakfasts and eats and drinks at night were really good . We had a room on the 37th floor and getting an elevator in the "rush hour" in the morning and evening was challenge. Service was good, room well appointed but air conditioning very noisy.

Room Tip: Select a room below the 34th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. Rooms were spacious and clean. The location was fantastic. No view but you are at the heart of it all. Food was also very good.

Check in and check out was a breeze and staff was curteous.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had to book 2 separate reservations because the hotel would not allow me to extend my stay at the group rate. Fine. But they did not even have the capability to make that a seamless endeavor for me. When I arrived, I was told my King room was not available for my entire stay. I had to settle for a crappy room with 2 double beds. Then when my group rate ended, I went to my room and discovered my key no longer worked. I had to trudge back down to the lobby, wait in line, and get replacement keys. When I got back into my room, room service had not been there. They showed up as I was getting ready for dinner. The room contained ABSOLUTELY NO AMENITIES. No bottled water, no mini bar, worn and dingy towels, cheap soaps and lotions, no robes... I will NOT stay here again. Not even for the same conference that, regrettably, is being held in this same crappy hotel again next year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GrandHyatt_NY_Mgmt, Manager at Grand Hyatt New York, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
DebBKT,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at Grand Hyatt New York. I sincerely apologize about the room mixup and the inconvenience it caused you. We pay very close attention to our online reviews so we can address any issues and improve moving forward. Please know that I will pass along your comments to our management staff as we continue to evaluate and evolve our amenity offerings in all guest rooms.

We do hope for a chance to redeem ourselves when you visit our hotel for your conference next year. We will make certain that your accommodations are top notch and the same issues don’t arise. Please reach out to socialnycgh@hyatt.com and we will make sure of it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our stay at the Grand Hyatt in NYC was smooth, clean, quiet, and pleasant in every way. It is such a great place to stay since it is located adjacent to Grand Central Station and the subway system. There are many restaurants of all types close by, and the Express Bus from Newark Airport stops a block away. The staff we had contact with were all very nice and very helpful and made us feel "at home".

Room Tip: We have either been lucky or there are no bad rooms. We have stayed at this hotel 3 times and have n...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Spent 3 days pre cruise at the grand Hyatt with my husband and adult son. On the positive side -The room was standard for US, clean and tidy although not particularly spacious with 2 Queen sized beds which were really quite comfortable and nice pillows. We had room 2518 which was had a side view of the Chrysler building. The hotel is central and within easy walking distance to many attractions. The lobby was usually busy and as it was coming to the festive season there was complimentary snacks and non alcoholic drinks free on a couple of days. grand Central can be reached via the lobby and is well worth a venture as there is a good selection of shops and food hall, as well as fantastic architecture.
On a negative note the hospitality toiletries were so not to be desired and looked like they had been recycled for several months as the tops of the lotions had faded and the contents were not full. I squeezed out the contents to ensure they could not be reused on another unsuspecting customer. The sensor touch lighting was also temperamental, particularly the bathroom nightlight.
We.did not use the bar services nor the room service as this was very extortionate. The rooms do not have any tea/coffee making facilities in the room which is quite disappointing, but I suppose they get away with this with the 24 hour market square coffee / snack bar. nonetheless this was expensive, did not vary form day to day and service was very slow.
Overall I must admit I was expecting a little more, but it was of a good standard! but nothing special in my opinion, other than clean! tidy and good location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grand Hyatt New York? Share your experiences!