We just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. After having just been to the Grand Hyatt in Kauai, I had high expectations. The location is great. We flew in to JFK an there is a bus service that drops you off directly across the street from this hotel. It is also easy to get back to this hotel with the subway, and you are within walking distance to Times Square and Broadway. The check-in staff was fabulous and provided great service. We had reserved a queen bed but they upgraded us with no problem to King. We did not really have a view from our room, but the room was a good size by NYC standards, and was very comfortable. The bathroom cleanliness was a 4/5 in my opinion - the rest of the room was very clean. The lobby is very cool and modern.
My only issues with this hotel were 1) the hot water ran out both mornings during my shower but came back on shortly thereafter (when I complained to the front desk, they credited me some Hyatt points). I have a feeling this may not be an unusual occurrence. Also, we returned after a show and we were hungry so we attempted to eat at the restaurant in the lobby. We waited for quite some time and nobody stopped to seat us, so we finally went into the bar and asked for service. They told us the restaurant closed 5 minutes ago (we had been waiting for a table prior to that). For our inconvenience, they gave us two bottles of water, but really, if we had received prompt service, we could have ordered food.
All in all, I would definitely stay here again. The hotel has a great location and NYC feel - I loved it for the most part.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Priceline, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.