This was our first trip to NYC. We have 2 sons college age and all of us fit perfectly into the 2 double bed room. A rollaway bed was provided. We were on the 19th floor our window faced 42nd. Safe, very nicely decorated hotel. Bathroom is small, but overall room size fit the 4 of us for 3 nights without any issues. Our room was located right across from the elevator doors. However, we were pleasantly surprised we did not hear the noise like we thought we would. Good room insulation between rooms.
The hotel is on the corner of 42nd and Lexington Ave. A very safe and comfortable neighborhood. We avoided the Time Square busy tourist area, yet we were able to walk to Time square in a matter of blocks.
It is right next door to Grand Central Station. We learned to ride the subway via the MTA website and they even have a trip planner so you can type in beginning location (Grand Central) and ending location (any attraction you want to see). We went to the World Trade Center via subway and back to hotel via subway. We also went to the upper East Side and central park via subway as it was raining and our planned 1.6 mile walk was rained out. We felt safe and enjoyed the feeling of living like the locals riding the subway.
We were able to walk to 31st and Lexington for dinner at Vezzo's Pizza. A 15 min walk straight south on Lexington down to 31st. A very nice pizza and pasta restaurant which was very busy with locals. We were also able to walk 1.6 miles to the Circle Line tour (we chose the 3 hour trip around Manhattan Island and highly enjoyed the experience, well worth the 39$ fee per person) straight west on 42nd to 12th on a beautiful Sunday mid-morning.
There is a Duane Reade across the street at Lexington and 42nd. We bought all of our bottled water and yogurt, etc there as the hotel was high priced for basic items. There is a Starbucks close - go north up Lexington on the same block and same side of the street as the hotel. There is a Duncan Donuts south on Lexington between 42nd and 41st, right side of the street. A block from the hotel.
The Hyatt was very nice, accommodating, clean, friendly and we will stay again. The price is usual for that star of hotel in the area. I researched all of these types of hotels thoroughly before actually booking, they all run about the same price. I am happy with my choice and would absolutely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Venere, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt