“Location, location, location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt New York

You added Grand Hyatt New York to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   109 East 42nd Street, Park Avenue at Grand Central Terminal, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
A Suite Deal!
Ranked #259 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wayland, Mass
“Location, location, location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and had a great stay at the Grand Hyatt located at grand central station. The staff were very professional and accommodating. My wife loved talking with Megan, a new Hyatt employee from Chicago. We traveled to NYC from Boston on Amtrak. Cab fare from Penn Station was $8.00. From the Hyatt it is really easy to catch the subway to downtown or Central Park. The Hyatt was a great choice for weekend visit and the bed was very comfortable after a long day walking around the City.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here for a girls weekend with a couple of my best friends. The room was clean, modern and even had a great view of Grand Central Station. The room itself was small. Which you would expect from a NYC hotel. We spent most of our time enjoying the city. The one drawback of this hotel are the overpriced drinks at the bar. The bar and lobby are very modern and stylish but not worthy of 20$ mojitos.

Room Tip: As for a larger bathroom if traveling with females.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Westport, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel because it is on top of Grand Central. I had a bunch of meetings over two days in New York, so I took MetroNorth in, dropped off my bag with the bellman and took subways and buses everywhere. For someone from CT, the location is really excellent. I was pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of the room. It was huge and very clean. All amenities were great. I liked the advance online check-in service and my room was ready early. Separate charge for wifi (approx. $12/day). would definitely return. (PS, I did not get the vouchers others mentioned.)

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Was very impressed with my stay at the Grand Hyatt. It has been renovated and has a sleek, modern decor. It is a great location right next to Grand Central Station, and plenty of sights, shops, and restaurants around. We got a great deal here, and I would definitely stay here again. The beds were super comfortable after long days of shopping!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure why this hotel is so far down the trip advisor list in NYC. It's the best hotel I've stayed at (I found it better than Waldorf towers but everyone's tastes are different) in the city. Rooms are very large for New York standards, beds extremely comfortable, rooms well decorated and well equipped. Location is excellent. I have already booked this hotel for my next visit.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stoughton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Having read reviews before my trip, I was prepared, and at registration asked if I could make three requests: a high floor, a room far from the elevators, and to be on Park Avenue rather than 42nd Street. The very friendly young man at the desk was able to honor all three requests, the third only because I had reserved a room with two double beds. He even offered a late checkout for the day we were leaving, at no extra charge. He also gave me six vouchers good for coffee, tea, or water, at the little food shop in the lobby. I'm not sure if everyone gets those, or if they are for Hyatt credit card customers. Our room was spacious, and immaculately clean. The beds were incredibly comfortable, and there was a chaise, a well-padded desk chair, plenty of space in drawers and in the closet, and also a refrigerator large enough for two full size bottles, and several smaller items. We had a great view, but were not bothered at all by noise from traffic, as we were so high up. We never did take the train, but enjoyed exploring Grand Central Station, and walked to Times Square, a nearby restaurant, and a Broadway show, taking cabs for restaurants which were farther away. Every staff member we dealt with or met was friendly and helpful, and the lobby has an exceptionally generous number of chairs, sofas, and padded benches, so when we had one last hour to spend before heading for our bus, we had a comfortable place to take turns minding our bags, as each of us took one last trip to a nearby store or point of interest. I would love to return to this hotel!!

Room Tip: My tips are above: a high floor, far from the elevator, and for quiet, ask for Park Avenue rather t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We are really in love with this place. I have only good words to say. The most friendly, kind and attentive staff I've ever come across. Right from when we stepped into the hotel we were taken care of by Claudine who escorted us to Megan and they were a wonder of service and smiles.
Room (2808) and bathroom was great and felt very fresh. Cleaning was impeccable.
We had breakfast a few mornings and there too the staff was so nice that you couldn't resist sitting there with a smile on your face and feeling good.
The lovely Mayra made sure we got excellent seatings every time we visited. Our table waitress was a joy to meet. Everybody we met just smiled and wanted to make sure we were happy.
We had fresh orange juice, omelets, waffles, smoothies that tasted perfect.
Add to all this that the location was superb.
Front door men were super professional in getting us cabs.
Couldn't have made a better choice for a first time trip to New York.
Will surely come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grand Hyatt New York? Share your experiences!