Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Grand Hyatt New York and LOVED it! First of all, the location in mid-town Manhattan is INCREDIBLE! It's right in the middle of so many awesome things, but best of all it is NEXT DOOR to Grand Central Station! So you can get to ANY part of Manhattan in just minutes from leaving your room. This was my first trip to NY, so I was a little worried about the Subways being confusing, but the Concierge was super helpful and had a map and showed me what to do and from that first instruction, the Subways were actually very simple to understand. We got to be somewhat experts in the short 49 hours we were there.
We had a room with 2 queen beds. The room was a very good size (I was shocked at the size since I was warned most hotels in Manhattan are absurdly small with very little room to maneuver) and it was very nicely decorated. My friend and I both agreed whole-heartedly that the beds and sheets/comforter were slices of heaven. We both wished we could have a bed just like it at home, they were SOO comfortable!
The bathroom was tiny, but the lighting was excellent and the shower was hot and incredible (nice shower heads!). We had an opening window with a great view of 42nd Street (we were on the 31st floor). The maid service to the room was fabulous, and every hotel person we met (anywhere in the hotel) was friendly and helpful.
Yes, the little food/snack store in the hotel is insanely expensive, but right around the corner there is a CVS-like place and there are yummy food carts all up and down 42nd street, so don't fret about needing to eat at the snack store. Across the street there is an inexpensive 24-hour restaurant and the food there was very good. We never ate in the hotel.
Before I went on this trip, I read reviews and noticed there were worries about waiting on elevators, but we NEVER had that problem, always got one within 30 seconds.
I want to bring my husband to NYC this Summer because I know he will love it (he's never been) and when I do, I'm definitely staying at the Grand Hyatt again. Being right in the middle of everything is so great, with super easy Subway rides to Ground Zero, Times Square, Central Park, Empire State Building, and pretty much every other location fathomable.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Amex, Otel, Venere, EasyToBook, Olotels, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.