First let me say i travel globally and stay at Hyatt hotels all over the world. I have been a platinum member for a least the last five years , maybe longer. I have stayed in this hotel on three occasions over the past three years, once after its recent reservation.
How anyone could ever believe this a five star hotel is beyond me.
First. No 24 hr room service. I am not expecting a banquet after 11pm but it might be nice if someone could knock me up a sandwich.
Two. The constant delegation of responsibility to another person or team is annoying beyond belief. When i call a front desk i expect a single point of contact.
Three. Attitude. What i would expect from a three star hotel. Enough said.
Four. Services. No shoe cleaning , sparse toiletries that were hardly ever replaced. No shower gel but soap? It isnt 1950. Heating that is set to only go up so far so i froze the first two nights while they said they couldnt do anything. Then finally someone comes up and changes the setting so that it can go higher. Glad they did. I dint fancy sleeping in my clothes another night. The cleaning was ok for me but all my other colleagues said their rooms were filthy at least twice.
Five. Upgrade. My "upgrade" was to the room i paid for. My colleague who isnt a hyatt member got put in a suite and i got told nothing available. She checked in after me.
Six. Laundry. Hysterical. Took them two days to pick up one bag of washing.
Seven. The pinnacle. Get a note pushed under my door on Sunday night from the general manager stating that the room service wasnt going to be available for the next three nights due t renovation. I had been there for a week. Didnt they think to tell us sooner?
I am not a picky person but i know what i like. I know i dont like this hotel. There are a least five other hotels in the area that for fifty bucks a night more you dont have to take this nonsense. Do yourself a favour and stay in one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt