I stayed at this Hotel in December, the first room I was placed in was decent, large bathroom, nice layout and clean, however it also looked in at other rooms in the hotel and had no natural light, I figured that I could see other people, I was sure they could see me, so I asked if I could change rooms. My request was kindly granted.
The new room I was moved to did look out at the street, and had natural light coming in, the bathroom was quite small with a toilet that reminds me of my junior public school days.
With pros and cons in each of the rooms, I settle in the second room.
The carpet in the elevators was worn, and unravelling. Elevators were always busy.
Overall the property is not quite what I expected for a 4 star.
I was misdirected by the concierge Daniel on more than one occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Amex, Reservation Counter, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt