We stayed all over xmas and opted for a slightly larger room. Really great spot for exploring, we managed to walk everywhere from the Hotel. Love the fact Grand Central is connected, fantastic food hall/market in there. Check it out, so much choice!
If we returned to New York we would love to stay here again, definately recomend to friends.
Room was a good size on the 28th floor ( although we paid for larger room)with separate little sofa and table,seperate closet-entrance way, the best bed ever, so comfortable. Really good nights sleep every night.The room was kept clean everyday, fresh towels etc. Small fridge in room came in handy. No noise from road below but i didn't expect there to be that high up!
The lifts were very very busy and we had to wait a fair while often but it was xmas and the Hotel was busy.
Breakfasts are really lovely, very expensive mind you!
I had a problem with the cash machine situated in the Hotel one day,the man who came over to help us was so nice and helpful, he got on the phone to the ATM company and reassured me the transaction hadn't gone through.Turned out it was my fault! Nothing was too much trouble for the staff we encountered.
One down side-The Grab and Go inside the Hotel- i renamed it- Grab and Wait! Please get more staff!! It is so handy but so annoying to have to wait so long, one member of staff doing drinks and the till, sometimes someone else was about but didn't help serve. Really annoying, it could be such a great little shop, so off putting to go in there though.Staff less than friendly in there at times too.
The Hotel was really really nice, i am so glad i booked it as some of the reviews labelled it as a bit average. We were very impressed with it and except for the little shop have no complaints at all.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.