My wife, my two children (6 and 3 yrs) and myself stayed at the Hyatt in early December 2012. We had booked one room (regency club), 2 beds and requested a crib. Noted on the reservation was the fact that we would not be arriving until after 9PM. The problems began when we drove around in circles looking for some indication of how to find valet parking. After solving small inconvenience, we arrived and checked in. During the check in process at about 10PM, my wife again asked about the crib and was assured we would have one. We arrived at our room and what do you know -- no crib. My wife and 3 yr old stayed in the room and my son and I went to the Regency Club (open 24hrs) to get some juices and snacks. After using the pass key to get into the Regency Club the only things we could find that were not locked up were water, coffee and nuts. Upon calling the front desk and speaking with the front desk manager, we were informed that while the Regency Club was open 24hrs., at 9PM all items except those previously mentioned were locked up until the morning. When I stated that this was unacceptable since they advertised open 24 hrs I was told that was the way it was and if I wanted something I could come down to the lobby and purchase those items.
Now to the room -- if you try to turn around in the bathroom you have to have the door open or you will hit something. The lighting of the room is touch pads on the wall, which would be ok if you had a tutorial on how to make them work or how to stop them from turning back on after they are turned off.
We had scheduled a 2 night trip, but dreaded the hotel so much that we left early (5pm) on Saturday. Since I had used points for the stay, I requested the points be returned to the account and was politely told simply "no" by both the hotel and the points telephone service.
Overall I will never stay at this hotel again. Hyatt used to be such a wonderful system and you knew what you would get, but we probably would have been better off at a budget hotel. I have been disappointed with Hyatt on a whole new level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt