Stayed almost a week at the Grand Hyatt New York.
It is situated next to Grand Central Station. If you are a tourist the location is terrible. I would rather stay near Central Park or somewhere around SoHo or Greenwich Village.
Grand Hyatt New York is quite big and the lobby feels like a train station. If you stay on the upper floors you will be waiting for the elevator all the time.
The first room I got was actually pretty nice except from the broken toilet. I had to complain for two days before I was moved to another room. I was not happy!
In the next room everything was working, but the bathroom was very cramped.
In both rooms the air condition was not working well. I attended a conference at the hotel. The conference rooms were SO cold that I had to leave the conference several times to regain a normal body temperature. When I asked for a more human temperature, the answer was: Not possible.
I will not stay at Grand Hyatt New York again and wouldn’t recommend this hotel for my worst enemy.
PS. One positive thing about the Grand Hyatt New York: The concierge service (prior to arrival) worked well.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, getaroom.com, Amex, Priceline, EasyToBook, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.