Stayed at the Grand Hyatt New York for a few days of shopping on my way to Aruba.
The location of the GH is hard to beat, easy access by bus from the airport and easy access to the subway. The hotel is a big convention hotel so you should expect some crowds.
I had read that they recently refurbished, and everything looks modern but already a little worn. Especially the carpets. The room was good, not very big and a little awkward with a large section that was only useful for storage. The bathroom was very small, I could hardly open the door because of the desk that was in the room. Not much they can do about that, but still not really nice.
The Club lounge is decent, and has a nice area outside. Enjoyed having a drink with some snacks before dinner.
If you can get a room at a decent rate it's a nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier location in the heart of New York's famous midtown. Striking lobby with waterfalls, seating areas and three restaurants and lounges. Direct access to Grand Central Terminal and connected to the Chrysler Building. Steps from Times Square, Shopping and the Theatre District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Grand Hyatt New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt New York City
- Hyatt New York City
- Grand Hotel Hyatt New York
- Hyatt Hotel New York City
- Hotel Hyatt New York
- New York City Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Hotel New York
- New York Hyatt
- New York City Hyatt