We stayed at Blakely for 4 nights. We arrived at 10.30 am and they checked us immediately. The front desk service was faultless.
We requested a kettle which was provided that evening.
The room was spotlessly clean and spacious enough.
I remember that there were views from the rooms. There are no views to be had from a 17 floors hotel when most of the others around it are twice as high or higher.
What drags this hotel down is the restaurant and breakfast.
We had breakfast 3 mornings. Exactly the same poor choices. They couldn't even provide cold drinking water. We only eat cereals, fruit and yogurt. Only 3 types of cereal and not good ones, the same 3 types of fruit and cut up big.
We also had lunch at the restaurant one day. My wife's chicken was undercooked. They offered to replace it, but by then, she was over the chicken. They took $10 off the bill. Way over staffed. There were 3 staff members standing not far from us for a while. We felt we were being watched. We prefer some privacy while we chew out food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In heart of Midtown Manhattan Central Park West, steps way from Times Square and 5th Avenue Shops. A 4 Diamond Property, voted one of top hotels by US News 2014, Zagat Best Hotel 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Blakely New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blakely New York Hotel New York City
- Blakely Hotel New York City
- Blakely New York City
- Blakely New York Hotel