Staying (unfortunately) for only one night, we arrived before official check-in. We were, however, greeted warmly and told a room was available and we were upgraded at no charge to a lovely suite! It is a narrow hotel, with c 25 floors but only 5 or 6 rooms per floor so while it feels a little 'tight' on space in the corridor, the room was generous in size (relative to some NYC hotel rooms) with a traditional feel to it and really comfy beds. The staff were friendly, the free (continental) breakfast was simple but more than adequate and the location is superb. I would definitely recommend this hotel. In addition, on checking out, we were asked if we wanted a hotel car to the airport. Given it was a Friday evening (& raining), we decided to take it even though it was a little more expensive than a cab. It was well worth it though as we were treated to a very comfortable ride to the airport in a spacious Lexus with a true gentleman of a driver (Vincente) - a relaxing finish to our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In heart of Midtown Manhattan Central Park West, steps way from Times Square and 5th Avenue Shops. A 4 Diamond Property, voted one of top hotels by US News 2014, Zagat Best Hotel 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Blakely New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blakely New York Hotel New York City
- Blakely Hotel New York City
- Blakely New York City
- Blakely New York Hotel