The paneled lobby, the flocked chairs flanking the sofa in the lobby, the suede-lined walls in the floors above ~ all reminiscent of an English club. While not ostentatious or snobby at all, The Blakely has much to desire in NYC - fabulous location for this price (Gosh, the St. Regis is a few blocks over for a lot more $$$, the Hilton is on the corner for more $$$), friendly and helpful everybody, and more than accommodating rooms.
Rates include a continental breakfast served in the restaurant adjacent to the lobby. Watermelon in February was spectacular! Luscious! Thanks, Blakely!
Our room had all you could want in its galley kitchen in the hallway - mini-bar, frig, sink, plenty of dishes and cutlery (you could dine here if you chose), microwave, a Keurig for morning coffee.
Bath and room were more than adequate - lots of mirrors in the bath, comfy bed and a sitting area beside. We were on the 11th floor with a great view of City Centre and welcomed sunlight each morning!
The lighted closet had great space, an ironing board, a hair dryer, wonderful shelving.
This is a find for those of us who don't want to pay through the nose to enjoy NYC. Just stay away when I want to come so there is a room for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In heart of Midtown Manhattan Central Park West, steps way from Times Square and 5th Avenue Shops. A 4 Diamond Property, voted one of top hotels by US News 2014, Zagat Best Hotel 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Expedia so you can book your The Blakely New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blakely New York Hotel New York City
- Blakely Hotel New York City
- Blakely New York City
- Blakely New York Hotel